What’s the deal with my weight???

Okay. So I know I’ve seen two posts deal with weight but I want to hear input personally.

I gained 11 pounds in nursing school (125 to 136). I’m 5’8 as well.

5 weeks ago today, I started working out 5-6 days a week doing cardio and weight lifting together, either full body, arms and abs, or legs. I also count my calories to eat around 1200.

Within these 5 weeks I’ve dropped to a steady 134. This morning for my weekly weight in, I’m 138??? What’s the big deal, 4 pound gain!? Not on my period, no bloat, in fact, yesterday I never got the chance to eat dinner!

Is this weight gain due to all the muscle I’m gaining? I’m not trying to gain weight, I’d love to lose my fat and equal out and get down to 130. Is 5 weeks too soon to judge weight? How long did it take for y’all to see weight loss results?

Thank y’all :).

Replies

• theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Yep @JerSchmare, I've found the same thing - I can swing a whol kg between morning and evening some days depending on my workouts that day, water retention, food intake & type...

@KaleiAlanaSmith have you tried downloading Happy Scale, Libra or one of the other apps that tracks daily averages? I've found it gives a way better overall picture than life's little fluctuations, as it looks at averages & trends...
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    You can't look at daily fluctuations. There could be a millions reasons why you're up from one day to the next. For example, this week I "gained" 5 pounds and "lost" a pound and a half from yesterday. It was all sorts of crazy in between. That's why I have a weight trending app.
    fc7028sbqy67.png

And here's mine:
    socab66wnkra.png

• theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Yep @aeloine! I'm such a convert to trending apps now :D
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    I think 130 at 5 8 may be too low of a goal.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I think 130 at 5 8 may be too low of a goal.

It’s a BMI of 19.76. That’s not too low.