2»

Replies

• Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Froggyh wrote: »
    Rose18l wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you did a full body workout yesterday, what did you plan on doing at the gym today? Hopefully not weights, as you should wait at least 48 hours between working the same muscle group.

It is a min of 72 hours between working the same muscle group not 48. Also if the muscle is still sore don't work it yet. Do cardio, foam rolling or some stretching.

The cure for DOMS isn't rest, it's work. And it entirely depends on goals and intensity and rest. Professional(Olympic) athletes often train every day at different intensities even across the same muscle groups. It's all about programming.

And it's neither 48 nor 72 hours, it's 2 full sleep cycles, which can be as little as 33-34 hours.

2 full sleep cycles instead of 48 hours? Awesome! I lift late on Thursday evenings (9-10pm); I'd much rather do my weekend session on a Saturday afternoon than wait till Sunday :smile:

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of thing I was suggesting. The normal 2 day recovery plan is based around lifestyle and convenience and the assumption that you want to train at the same time every day.

M/W/F at 6 AM or 4 PM. If it works for you to do 4 PM or 9PM followed by a 6AM, No harm done, and your next rest period will also make up for it.... The convention of 2 rest days per week(weekend) is also a lifestyle convention/convenience, Obviously some advanced/intermediate programming needs that extra rest day... usually with Monday or Friday being your "heavy" day and W being light and then Friday/Monday being medium. Again different programs are waved in different patterns.

Sweet! That gives me way more flexibility at the weekend, as my weeknight lifting sessions are pretty much set in stone (I only have access to barbells at my karate dojo, so I lift twice a week after class and then use the dumbbells/kettlebells in my apartment gym at the weekend).
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    I still have a split second of super excitement before I realize it’s an acronym and not an abbreviation

Same! At first I was like "well now, this should be different." Hahahaha!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    ldscott716 wrote: »

It's okay.
    There are forums for that, too. :smile:
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    ldscott716 wrote: »

It's okay.
    There are forums for that, too. :smile:

Yeah, chit-chat
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

Yeah, chit-chat

Not really where I was going with that...