Weight gaining friends...

I need weight gaining/maintains friends...ones that can share some recipes and things with!

Replies

• btho1627
    btho1627 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m new to this whole thing, I was curious as to what I needed to eat to help gain without indulging too much into junk. I’m trying to gain 11lbs in a month.
  • whitney_cherelle
    whitney_cherelle Posts: 19 Member
    I have gained over 4 lbs since my first day on myfitness pal which was like over 2 weeks ago...I have been exercising too...a lot....Idk if I’m eating the right things but I’m guess something is working. My goal is to gain weight but I want to be proportionate...I’m working on toning my stomach (I had 2 kids) but still try to gain weight. I have always ate a lot...but I’m guessing I was just eating the wrong things.
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Are you lifting on a regular basis and how much cardio do you do. If your not following any type of program I would look for one with an emphasis on muscle building/weight gaining. Are you looking to build your lean body mass or just gain weight in general?
  • Leijing
    Leijing Posts: 21 Member
    Yay! Weight gaining buddies! I just rejoined myfitnesspal when I realized that I have really crappy eating habits (like forgetting to eat) when I'm not with my husband. I also realized that I can barely do 15 push-ups. :-(

I would eventually like to get my weight up high enough to donate blood, but I haven't seen 110 lbs since I was in marching band in high school.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2018
    I have gained over 4 lbs since my first day on myfitness pal which was like over 2 weeks ago...I have been exercising too...a lot....Idk if I’m eating the right things but I’m guess something is working. My goal is to gain weight but I want to be proportionate...I’m working on toning my stomach (I had 2 kids) but still try to gain weight. I have always ate a lot...but I’m guessing I was just eating the wrong things.

You don't tone your stomach while gaining weight. When you gain weight, you gain body fat. Toning means losing body fat. So after you gain, you would have to lose weight to cut any fat you gain.

Hopefully, you are lifting weights and more specifically, following a structured lifting routine to help minimize fat gains.

I'd recommend looking at one of the below programs to follow.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Hii
  • lizlopez106
    lizlopez106 Posts: 1 Member
    113lbs trying to get to 120's ! :blush:
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    In! Going to add you. :smile: Trying to gain 5-7.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Gaining 3-4 lean bulk! Super slow going. +150 cal
  • ChrisCross0312
    ChrisCross0312 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I’m new to this. This may sound crazy but I weigh 120 and would like to get up in the 140s. I have been there before and I tend to feel way better when I’m in that weight range. For my height 120 is pretty slim. So I’m just needing some advice on what I should eat and what workouts I should focus on. Thanks!!!
  • Kaela545
    Kaela545 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am new to this as well. Currently I am underweight and have a high metabolism. I need to gain at least 25 pounds. Any suggestion please. I would really appreciate it.
  • fatkatanga
    fatkatanga Posts: 1 Member
    Hiii! I'm trying to gain 10lbs! If there is any sort of group of weight gaining buddies I would love to join
  • meganjonesuk1
    meganjonesuk1 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Girlies, i'm currently on a weight gain programme ( put together by myself). My aim is to put on 14lbs so that I can give blood and build a booty! I'm naturally very lean and petite and have a very high metabolism which makes putting on weight really difficult , but I have no issues getting abs for example.

Not sure if this is helpful but this is what I've researched so far and based my plan on:
    * I used a calculator which took into account my height ( 5ft 1) , current weight (46kg), exercise level ( 5/6 days a week) and my goal ( weight gain which adds a 500 calorie surplus) to determine my calories : 2528 per day
    * then based on my body type researched macros , as someone with higher metabolism I need higher carbs, but still a healthy fat range being female , so the ratio I'm working on at the moment is carbs 45 percent, protein 30 percent and fat 25 percent.
    * workouts- mainly weight lifting, moderate cardio and glute focused heavy lifting.
    * Eating six meals a day, breakfast, lunch , dinner and three "snacks"

I'm starting today so not sure how its going to go and I'm sure ill need to make some tweaks along the way! Do you think im on the right track or have I gone completely wrong haha? Would love some weight gaining buddies!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
  • meganjonesuk1
    meganjonesuk1 Posts: 9 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

Great Link- thank you!