Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Walking???

I work at a supermarket and I currently bought a pedometer to see how far I walk each day. I walk between 1.5 miles to 2 miles on any given day. Would that exercise be a part of my Fitness Pal calculations for my daily calorie intake or do I count that as my exercise and have an extra calorie allowance?

Replies

• nenebarka
    nenebarka Posts: 4 Member
    I have the MapMyWalk Under Armour application on my smart phone. When i am done with my walk or run, it get automatically an extra calorie allowance.
  • Buffm4n
    Buffm4n Posts: 21 Member
    I use my Fitbit to track steps and asked a similar question on this forum and was told that my steps would count towards extra calorie allowance. Here's my original post below:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10645207/not-another-calorie-question#latest
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    I would only log intentional exercise. Or you change your activity level to lightly active and keep good records of your calorie intake. If your weight changes up or down, adjust your activity level.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I don't think you should count that. As that's just part of your every day life. It's already factored in, depending when you set your activity level at.