March Squat Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    missevil wrote: »
    For several reasons, I skipped 3 days :/ I'll try to include them during this week. Not all in one day, which would be probably more useless than helpful, but maybe 130-150 per day, so I catch up on a bit more than a week.
    I'm not sure yet, whether it's really a good idea or just ridiculous to catch up just for the sake of the number. It's more about consistency than the specific repetitions, I assume.

I know I know... I missed Friday and ALLLL damn weekend.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I saw this and thought it was a great idea...100 squats? hmmmm.... I was wondering why nobody's still doing it? Maybe 100 is too much? Anyone here have some imput?
  • NasiiM4
    NasiiM4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I saw this and thought it was a great idea...100 squats? hmmmm.... I was wondering why nobody's still doing it? Maybe 100 is too much? Anyone here have some imput?
    I take a rest day every 4th day.
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I think we're still a few who at least try to ;) Plus I don't think that there were that many to start with?

I don't think that the 100 per se are the problem, they can be nicely split and done more or less anywhere. However, keeping them in mind and remembering to do them (ideally at a moment without any audience and some free time) is the real challenge here. I really forget about them sometimes and if the day is hectic or my office buddy is around, I can't do them like on the other days and suddenly you're in bed and refuse to get up again because you remember your damn squats at 11:42pm :wink:

I did 150 yesterday and am halfway for today.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    missevil wrote: »

I think we're still a few who at least try to ;) Plus I don't think that there were that many to start with?

I don't think that the 100 per se are the problem, they can be nicely split and done more or less anywhere. However, keeping them in mind and remembering to do them (ideally at a moment without any audience and some free time) is the real challenge here. I really forget about them sometimes and if the day is hectic or my office buddy is around, I can't do them like on the other days and suddenly you're in bed and refuse to get up again because you remember your damn squats at 11:42pm :wink:

I did 150 yesterday and am halfway for today.

Wow 150!! That is great! Thank you for the info..I was wondering about it and now guess I have some squats to do. :)
  • NasiiM4
    NasiiM4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ive completed mine yesterday and am half way done for today.
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've done mine yesterday, although I have terribly sore muscles. I started a Kettlebell training with a DVD of Jillian Michael's, which also includes some squats and the upper back of my thighs are burning. I even dread using the restroom because squatting down is really uncomfortable ;)
    It's getting better today *yay*