Fasting...weigh loss or gain?

so, I am a Muslim girl, and righht now it is the month of Ramadan. For anyone that doesnt know, Ramadan is when muslims fast from sunrise to sunset for an entire month. Anyways, this Ramadan, I've noticed that instead of losing weight, I appear to have gained some! Can anyone explain this?

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    I am not Muslim, but from what I have heard after fast during day it is common custom & practice to eat things like dried dates and other sugary things, perhaps this is the case with you?
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Hi
    I am not a Muslim neither am I on Ramadan but I just happen to be fasting now breaking at 6pm. I have been loosing weight. Just out of curiosity, when do you weigh yourself and how much are you eating when you break?
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    @farway it could be, but i tend to avoid the majority of the fattening stuff
    @crazyten i weigh myself in the morning usually, when i break, my meal usually consists of a TON if water, a bowl of tomato soup, and usually a sandwich and a dried date
  • Hash5m
    Hash5m Posts: 29 Member
    Hey there, I am a muslim and fasting on this holly month ... I am losing my weight each and every week ... Fasting helps you eat less and work it out so you burn most of what you eat which helps you decrease your weight ... If you eat and sit all day it won't help you much ... Seriously, I don't know how you gained some weight instead of losing them ... When you break the fasting do not eat a lot coz you are coming out from the starvation mode so your body will automatically save the food as fat instead of burning ... So be careful and eat less on fast breaking meal ... Hope I helped ya ... !!!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Yay another muslim
    Salam Brother, yes thank you, I'll keep that in mind
  • Hi , I am Muslim. Fasting actually slowed down my progress . . I actually lost only a few pounds during Ramadan even though I was still doing the Insanity workout after I broke my fast. Each person body is different . I have alot of friends who actually gain weight during Ramadan . The most important thing is to keep ur eye on the nutrition part . There is only 4 more days left . Good luck :-)
  • Hash5m
    Hash5m Posts: 29 Member
    @amirahdaboss ... Salam sis ... Happy to see muslims here on MFP