Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    NO :noway: NO :noway: NO :noway:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    May sound like a silly question, but some times after cleaning house I get tired.:ohwell:
    I was wondering can you log cleaning your house as exercise?
    How many calories do you think it burns, when cleaning for an hour?:glasses:

nope i cleaned my house when i was fat and i still clean it now that i'm not nearly as fat - never helped me loose weight so i don't log it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    If you have your settings at sedentary, then anything you do above that is exercise.
    Your energy will increase quickly over time when you exercise....because your body makes more energy in response to the demand you make on it.
    You can find the calorie burn by looking it up in the database.
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only log exercise that increases my heart rate for a sustained period of time. If cleaning is part of your typical day, that is captured in the initial data you entered in MFP, where you designate your typical day as sedentary, moderately active, etc. I know people who log every little thing they do, perhaps trying to create a calorie deficit, but it doesn't work that way.
  • Miminem
    Miminem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    He'll yes it is!!!!!!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I read this post a couple weeks ago (I stumbled upon it), so I decided to test it today. I wore my HRM while I cleaned the entire house - every room dusted and vacuumed, floors mopped, kitchen cleaned, both bathrooms cleaned, bedding changed, 3 loads of laundry and garbage taken out.

It took me just under 3 hours to do this and I burned 735 calories :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Don't log it especially if you are using a HRM to calculate calories because it will be way off the map. Cleaning is just part of general day to day activity.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I don't log cleaning as exercise. I just figure it as part of my everyday activity...similarly, I don't count walking around the supermarket aisles as exercise. I do wear a Fitbit, so if there are extra steps above and beyond, I figure it will sync to correct any deficit.