My husband and room mate are drinking...

Options
Mythril
Mythril Posts: 146 Member
I'm trying very hard not to join them, but they are both slightly drunk and pressuring me to join. Mostly I'm looking for something to do to distract me from them. So... anyone up for entertaining me?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sure thing. I'd go for the beer. The whiskey if the beer doesn't suit your tastes.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    What did you have in mind? I could do naked hula hooping :bigsmile: (entertaining it may not be though :sad: ).
  • iDrix
    iDrix Posts: 21
    Options
    Just stream a movie online, if they say come join me say I'm busy, I have to watch this movie. :)) Or you can join them but drink juice, say you have some liver problems or something. :D
  • Mythril
    Options
    Sure thing. I'd go for the beer. The whiskey if the beer doesn't suit your tastes.

I am allergic to beer. I drank some vodka in a diet cherry 7up earlier. It was alright, but I'm just not up for the calories. (Or being drunk right now.)
  • Mythril
    Options
    What did you have in mind? I could do naked hula hooping :bigsmile: (entertaining it may not be though :sad: ).

I would show it to them. Their response would be entertaining enough.
  • Mythril
    Options
    Just stream a movie online, if they say come join me say I'm busy, I have to watch this movie. :)) Or you can join them but drink juice, say you have some liver problems or something. :D

Well, I can't really drink juice. I'm on a ketogenic diet for my PCOS. (Low carb, basically.) My husband knows I don't have liver problems. :P He likes to get me drunk because of... well... bedroom antics. As far as streaming a movie, our computer is in the living room where they are drinking! But talking to you guys is helping.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's bedtime. If you feel bad about abandoning the boys though, just let your husband know you're about to go get nakey and get in bed. I have yet to see my bf hold out for more than five minutes with that move.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So you'd rather talk to us to avoid some extra calories that you could work off or just chalk it up to an over day.....instead of hanging with your husband and friend?
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot.

I am the only person I know on a social basis who does not really drink (no moral, health or ethical issues - I just don't like hangovers and I usually have something to do tomorrow).

1. Serve them more alcohol - when their drinks go low, get them another immediately.
    2. Serve them salty food - this will make them drink faster.
    3. Once they are reasonably drunk, start using them to entertain you:
    a. Start posing increasingly ridiculous hypothetical situations,
    b. Steer the conversation toward potentially embarrassing or revealing topics,
    c. Make increasingly fun dares

Etc.

I enjoy not drinking around people way more than I ever enjoyed drinking. :drinker:
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    lol JUDDing. I agree
  • Mythril
    Options
    So you'd rather talk to us to avoid some extra calories that you could work off or just chalk it up to an over day.....instead of hanging with your husband and friend?

Yes, actually. I am actually unable to work out for the most part and for now am relying on a calorie deficit. it takes way too much to get me drunk, I don't particularly like alcohol so I have to drink it with stuff and I don't want to go crazy. Aside from that, I have another personal reason not to drink. so for today i'd rather talk to unhelpful you. :)
  • Mythril
    Options
    I do this a lot.

I am the only person I know on a social basis who does not really drink (no moral, health or ethical issues - I just don't like hangovers and I usually have something to do tomorrow).

1. Serve them more alcohol - when their drinks go low, get them another immediately.
    2. Serve them salty food - this will make them drink faster.
    3. Once they are reasonably drunk, start using them to entertain you:
    a. Start posing increasingly ridiculous hypothetical situations,
    b. Steer the conversation toward potentially embarrassing or revealing topics,
    c. Make increasingly fun dares

Etc.

I enjoy not drinking around people way more than I ever enjoyed drinking. :drinker:

Lol. Okay, let me explain why, although this seems like a brilliant idea, this wouldn't work in my situation.

I am the only person who cleans this house. (I don't really mind all that much because I don't have a job.) Therefore if anyone vomits it will be me cleaning up the mess.

And secondly my room mate talks about things I wish that he would never say to me while he is drunk. I have never been sober while he is drunk, so usually I pretend I don't remember what he said... but in this case I wouldn't have that luxury. And he always remembers EVERYTHING.
  • Mythril
    Options
    I'd say it's bedtime. If you feel bad about abandoning the boys though, just let your husband know you're about to go get nakey and get in bed. I have yet to see my bf hold out for more than five minutes with that move.

Lol. Because of my person issue, this is not a valid lure.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Google "40 day water fast diary". That stuff is entertaining.