Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Guitar/Music Instrument Practice Challenge-15 minute Intervals

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,501 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hey there, Mary Beth. Just found this thread. I'm dusting off my keyboard. Haven't played in over a year! And I'm gonna look out my guitar as well. This is just the impetus I need for Spring.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just did my accordion 25. Learning the waltz from The Long Day by Tariverdiev, quite a haunting tune
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Another 60 minutes of Jamming out to backing tracks through my headphones. Fingers are getting pretty sore! :D:s<3

My fingers are sore too...but I didn't go 60 minutes! Awesome!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    Another 60 minutes of Jamming out to backing tracks through my headphones. Fingers are getting pretty sore! :D:s<3

My fingers are sore too...but I didn't go 60 minutes! Awesome!

I haven't played my electrics in a while so the finger callouses aren't the same as needed for my acoustic strumming. They're coming back though. :-)
  • dwalms
    dwalms Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are we recording the minutes anywhere. I have not touched my guitar in 2 months This is the motivation I need PUSH ME!!!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    dwalms wrote: »
    Are we recording the minutes anywhere. I have not touched my guitar in 2 months This is the motivation I need PUSH ME!!!

There's no time like the present!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,501 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So I came on here over an hour ago, and read your posts. I went up and found the lead for my keyboard, plugged it in, and have been practicing ever since. First hour's practice since I can't remember when! And boy! Do I need it! So I have been doing finger exercises and tried Greensleeves. Not good, but improving.

Also found my guitar, but my fingers are too stiff after the keyboard. I will stick with that for the minute. At least it's a start! Yee hay!

Week 1: Wednesday - 60 minute keyboard practice
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    So I came on here over an hour ago, and read your posts. I went up and found the lead for my keyboard, plugged it in, and have been practicing ever since. First hour's practice since I can't remember when! And boy! Do I need it! So I have been doing finger exercises and tried Greensleeves. Not good, but improving.

Also found my guitar, but my fingers are too stiff after the keyboard. I will stick with that for the minute. At least it's a start! Yee hay!

Week 1: Wednesday - 60 minute keyboard practice

Awesome! Sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that is what music is about! :) Welcome!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    dwalms wrote: »

Go for it!!!
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Hey there, Mary Beth. Just found this thread. I'm dusting off my keyboard. Haven't played in over a year! And I'm gonna look out my guitar as well. This is just the impetus I need for Spring.

Hi Terri!! Welcome! Have some fun!!! You deserve it!!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    I have done my daily practicing and still taking my course...I just love it!! I am learning so much and this next week I am going to seriously start on playing more songs to build up my repertoire. Enjoy your weekend and your music!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    I am my instructor's live teaching!! He is great and thought that I would share!
    Understanding HOW Chords Match! LIVE Webcast Join Us Now (Giveaways) www.YourGuitarSage.com/LIVE #yourguitarsage #giveaway
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Did my 1/2 of practice this afternoon. I am new to this challenge and hope to make every day if not then every other
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Did my 1/2 of practice this afternoon. I am new to this challenge and hope to make every day if not then every other

YAY! :)
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    My plan for today is to keep trying A Horse With No Name only 2 chords needed for return student been a verrrrrry long time but my husband says I sound pretty good he wants to know when my concert is lol have a good day
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that lovely bit of music, @Egger29 ! It was really enjoyable to listen to. I wish I had the drive to do everything needed to get into guitar, but wind instruments and some percussion tend to be more my thing.