Health reasons to lose weight

Options
What are the benefits thanks

Replies

• iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, too many to count. Many listed by estherdragon above. So many folks with excess weight have great bloodwork and no current health issues, which is wonderful. I was in that category in my 20s too.

Then, I was "blessed" with Postpartum Cardiomyopathy with Congestive Heart Failure at the age of 28. The docs say my weight was not a factor...it hits all health levels. However, my weight WAS a factor when I did not improve and had to be considered for the transplant list. Even though I was young and a mother of two with zero other issues, I would automatically get moved WAY down the list because I was also so obese. The risk factor was too high for me to be a top pick candidate. Fortunately, I improved on my own before needing to be added to the list.

Bad knees and joints run in my family. In my 20s I had no issues. But now, in my mid-40s, after decades of carrying far too much weight than they are designed for, my knees are a mess much sooner than they should have been.

My surgical procedures have been longer, harder, and with deeper scars because of the excess fat the surgeons have to cut through. My recoveries have thus been more difficult. At my higher weight, doctors could not use standard imaging equipment to get a good view of my organs because of too much fat. That caused delays.

Being overweight, I am uncomfortable doing moves that healthy-weight people have no problem with, just from having to maneuver the bulk of my body.

The lighter and stronger I get, the more energy I have because my system is using less just to sustain my mass.

I won't get too much into any of the benefits that are based on society's behavior.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!