Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Air Fryer Ovens

Has anyone used one of these? They are suppose to cut out calories since you don't use oil. How do I adjust my calorie count that is on the MFP page where I keep my daily log? Example: French fries are listed as 350 calories per serving when I look them up, but supposeably using an air fryer oven they are only 200 calories.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Just log potatoes + the amount of oil you used.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    You'll probably want to use your own measurements instead of trusting generic "french fry" entries. They are never accurate.

You would weigh your raw potato slices, then measure the amount of oil you used in a measuring spoon. Then find the matching entries in MFP database.
  • janisseshirley
    janisseshirley Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks, that was helpful. Since I will be using mine a lot I figure I am going to end up with more calories available at the end of the day or will need to eat more foods.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    Food entries in the database are largly added by members like you and me. As such they are often inaccurate. 1 portion of french fries means literally nothing. It has no information.

Be careful with such entries.