Options
2»

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    rclifton76 wrote: »
    So you lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks (congrats!!) and you feel frustrated because you didn't lose anything in a week since (relax it's only been a week weight does fluctuate). I've gone up 3 pounds one week, and lost it all within the next 2 weeks before it's normal. Chill also I don't think you're really eating 800 calories for obvious reasons, but I think what's wrong is you have a mentality that you have to eat that few calories to lose weight.

What's your current height and weight? Also I'd reccomend you use a food scale, and eat the calories reccomended by MyFitnessPal eat the intake provide not 800 calories once you start tracking your intake better.

Thank you very much for your pleasant response! It was extremely disheartening to read the rude responses I received when all I was looking for was advise! People can learn a lot from you, Bravo. I'm 5'1, weigh 170lbs. I do weigh my food, measure everything and scan all bar codes through this app. I do eat 800-1000. calories per day. My average is 800. I do work out 1.5 hrs 4 days a week & 2 hrs sat & sun. I eat all day 6 small meals a day.

I agree with you that I should chill. I'm not happy with only 4 lbs but I'll get there. Thank you for your support, keep being awesome.

I don’t see anyone who was being rude. 800 calories is way too low unless you’re on a medically-supervised diet. If that’s your true amount, you are doing some serious damage to your body.

Yup. You can easily eat double that and lose weight. I'm five feet tall, 133 pounds and can lose 0.5 lb/wk on 1700 calories.

Eat more. By the time you start to see the effects of low calories, it's too late to quickly turn it around.

~Lyssa
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rclifton76 wrote: »
    So you lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks (congrats!!) and you feel frustrated because you didn't lose anything in a week since (relax it's only been a week weight does fluctuate). I've gone up 3 pounds one week, and lost it all within the next 2 weeks before it's normal. Chill also I don't think you're really eating 800 calories for obvious reasons, but I think what's wrong is you have a mentality that you have to eat that few calories to lose weight.

What's your current height and weight? Also I'd reccomend you use a food scale, and eat the calories reccomended by MyFitnessPal eat the intake provide not 800 calories once you start tracking your intake better.

Thank you very much for your pleasant response! It was extremely disheartening to read the rude responses I received when all I was looking for was advise! People can learn a lot from you, Bravo. I'm 5'1, weigh 170lbs. I do weigh my food, measure everything and scan all bar codes through this app. I do eat 800-1000. calories per day. My average is 800. I do work out 1.5 hrs 4 days a week & 2 hrs sat & sun. I eat all day 6 small meals a day.

I agree with you that I should chill. I'm not happy with only 4 lbs but I'll get there. Thank you for your support, keep being awesome.

im 5'1, 40 years old and wouldnt be able to FUNCTION, much less WORK OUT on 800 calories a day. i lose a consistent 2 pounds per week on 1200. BEFORE work outs and eating back some of those calories (about half to account for over estimations). on work out days i eat around 1500 cals.

get help.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.