1200 calories a day

Options
13»

Replies

• dawnplc
    dawnplc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aydin_394 wrote: »
    How does one just eat 1200 calories a day? on a good day mine is 2000!

New here just testing if this is how to reply to a message lol x
  • dawnplc
    Options

Hi it's fairly easy once you get use to it. Heres an example For breakfast 2 wheatabix with a large chopped banana & 150ml semi skimmed milk. Lunch 3 ryvita with 2 lightest laughing cow cheese triangles with cucumber or tomato or a wholemeal crushy cob with light grated cheese & tomato or onion. Evening meal grilled chicken breast, 2 baby new potatoes, veg & 3 table spoons of gravy on the chicken or medium jacket potato with no added sugar baked bean, salad & 2 table spoon of coldslaw. Snacks 1 packet of walkers baked crisp and a pear. All this is all within 1,000 to 1,200 cals. Hope this helps x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    dawnplc wrote: »

Hi it's fairly easy once you get use to it. Heres an example For breakfast 2 wheatabix with a large chopped banana & 150ml semi skimmed milk. Lunch 3 ryvita with 2 lightest laughing cow cheese triangles with cucumber or tomato or a wholemeal crushy cob with light grated cheese & tomato or onion. Evening meal grilled chicken breast, 2 baby new potatoes, veg & 3 table spoons of gravy on the chicken or medium jacket potato with no added sugar baked bean, salad & 2 table spoon of coldslaw. Snacks 1 packet of walkers baked crisp and a pear. All this is all within 1,000 to 1,200 cals. Hope this helps x

You have given good examples but the main thing is for a lot of people they don't actually have to eat as low as 1200 to lose, just saying. Yes if you're short/older then perhaps 1200 is more likely the amount but if not, then its more.

I always use myself as an example, ok I didn't have a lot to lose (20lbs), at 5ft 2" I aimed for 0.5lb a week, that gave me 1450 calories plus exercise calories. I lost consistently eating 1700-1800 calories because I'm lightly active.
  • dawnplc
    Options

You have given good examples but the main thing is for a lot of people they don't actually have to eat as low as 1200 to lose, just saying. Yes if you're short/older then perhaps 1200 is more likely the amount but if not, then its more.

I always use myself as an example, ok I didn't have a lot to lose (20lbs), at 5ft 2" I aimed for 0.5lb a week, that gave me 1450 calories plus exercise calories. I lost consistently eating 1700-1800 calories because I'm lightly active.

Hi there oh yes i totally agree. None actually as to stick buy 1,000 to 1,200 cals not at all. Its just I'm trying this for serious health reasons. Because of my heavy weight on this app its saying i should be aiming for 1,836 cals a day. So there you go. But i want rid of my weight asap for health issues. If i find im not coping so well & im getting seriously hungry then I'll up it by 400 cals no problem x
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Hi there oh yes i totally agree. None actually as to stick buy 1,000 to 1,200 cals not at all. Its just I'm trying this for serious health reasons. Because of my heavy weight on this app its saying i should be aiming for 1,836 cals a day. So there you go. But i want rid of my weight asap for health issues. If i find im not coping so well & im getting seriously hungry then I'll up it by 400 cals no problem x

If you need to lose weight for health reasons, it's surely even more important that you make sure you do so safely and don't risk gall bladder problems and loss of heart muscle by trying to lose too quickly!
  • Aydin_394
    Aydin_394 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I still don’t know how to reply lol
  • Aydin_394
    Options

Great ideas!
  • Aydin_394
    Options
    I changed the setting now I get more calories so let’s see if we can make it
  • dawnplc
    Options
    I changed the setting now I get more calories so let’s see if we can make it

Good luck hun x