Weird craving. What can I put taco sauce on?

This is super weird. I’m obsessed with Taco Bell mild sauce. I put it on Mexican food a lot, but I’m trying my best to avoid the rice and beans on a regular basis just because the serving size isn’t satisfactory to me for what you get. Sometimes I just crave something to put the sauce on. I also can’t just drink it!

Any ideas on something else I can put the sauce on that might be a little lower in calories? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited March 2018
    A salad?

You could grill some green tomatoes or an eggplant.
  • cougleopard
    cougleopard Posts: 3 Member
    I used to take a corn tortilla and put taco mayo sauce on it. Add a little cheese on top and then stick in the microwave until the cheese melts. I haven't done that since I was a kid though. Not sure how it'd taste now, lol.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,080 Member
    A burger? A steak? Chicken? Pork? Eggs?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    The way I cook chicken breast, thaw, cut, cook, lends itself to saucing. The way I make pizza, I can see some saucing. Maybe in your soup. Try it any which way you want.
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Cottage cheese
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Whatever you like?
    Salad, roasted vegetables, meat, eggs
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Eggs chicken breast or potatoes... anywhere you would put salsa, really.
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Broccoli
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    I regularly put hot sauce on cauliflower, spinach, other veggies, and eggs. Sometimes potatoes and chicken. Honestly, hot sauce is good on almost everything.

And you could make a lower calorie rice and beans with cauliflower rice.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Sometimes I scramble into egg whites and make an egg/cheese burrito
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Greens
    Chicken
    Carrots
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    potatoes!
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    potatoes!

Beat me to it. I love making baked potatoes with taco fixings... meat, cheese, sour cream, and whatever other toppings you want. Super filling without breaking the calorie bank.

You can use it like ketchup too. Dip your fries in it or whatever else you like. My husband uses it with chicken tenders all the time.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    I'm literally going to have potatoes with Cholula for lunch today.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    sargento-snacks-colby-jack-sticks.jpg?itok=ICbdxtLR

colby jack cheese sticks...I used to microwave these for 10 sec & squeeze TB Fire sauce over them & eat w/ a spoon for a snack. Tastes like I ran to the border.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Hot sauce on shredded cabbage (the slaw mix they sell in bags in the produce section). I eat it all the time. 85 grams of cabbage (about a cup and a half) is just 25 calories.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Scrambled eggs with melted cheese.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    Everything and anything if you crave the taste.

Apart from the obvious meat/seafood and veggie choices, Latinos sprinkle chilli on fruit so why not taco sauce? It even occurs to me that taco sauce on vanilla ice cream would be an interesting combo.

Just grab a bunch of packs from Taco Bell and experiment.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Most common for me would be chicken. My wife wants to cook a nice chicken meal with a variety of spices and I'm more inclined to but salsa or hot sauce on it. Drives her nuts (just one of many things I do that irritates her).
  • jame0529
    jame0529 Posts: 30 Member
    I put it on hardboiled eggs!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Chicken or steak wraps!
    Homade easy tacos
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    This is super weird. I’m obsessed with Taco Bell mild sauce. I put it on Mexican food a lot, but I’m trying my best to avoid the rice and beans on a regular basis just because the serving size isn’t satisfactory to me for what you get. Sometimes I just crave something to put the sauce on. I also can’t just drink it!

Any ideas on something else I can put the sauce on that might be a little lower in calories? Thanks in advance!

A big taco salad with either cooked ground turkey or ground beef. Add whatever you like on tacos.. cheese, onions, peppers etc. You could mix it with a bit of yogurt and make a dressing out of it or just dump it as is.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Gonna go crazy here, but tacos?
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Isn’t hotsauce akin to bacon? It makes everything better! :wink:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    Your finger - then lick it off, or just eat it straight from the packet - I have done both of these.