Gaining Weight

Options
my day goal requires 3790 calorie , does it make sense , i can eat that and thats fine but not always clean carb , what do you guys do?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When you entered your stats here or on another calorie calculator is that what it gave you to gain? Are you gaining on that amount? If you are, how fast are you gaining?

With that intake too many high fibre carbs can make you feel bloated and sluggish (at least it would for me) aim to get a good amount of nutrition of course.. vegetables, fruit, fibre.. but nothing wrong with lower nutrient carbs to fill the gaps. I have pasta, white bread and candy everyday.
  • elsayegh25
    elsayegh25 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    When you entered your stats here or on another calorie calculator is that what it gave you to gain? Are you gaining on that amount? If you are, how fast are you gaining?

With that intake too many high fibre carbs can make you feel bloated and sluggish (at least it would for me) aim to get a good amount of nutrition of course.. vegetables, fruit, fibre.. but nothing wrong with lower nutrient carbs to fill the gaps. I have pasta, white bread and candy everyday.

yeah and i am not gaining alot though anyway
    i am doing pasta, bitter brown bread, but someone I trust told me it's not clean carb and hard to burn during the cut!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    elsayegh25 wrote: »

i am doing pasta, bitter brown bread, but someone I trust told me it's not clean carb and hard to burn during the cut!

No that isn't true. Obviously you want to get adequate macros and nutrition for health and workout performance, but those carbs won't cause excess fat gain in themselves when you bulk. Even when you cut.

Amount of fat gained during a bulk will mostly come down to size of surplus as well as training. If you want to gain less fat, keep the surplus smaller. And make sure you are following a progressive lifting program, hitting each muscle group at least twice a week for best results.
  • elsayegh25
    elsayegh25 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

No that isn't true. Obviously you want to get adequate macros and nutrition for health and workout performance, but those carbs won't cause excess fat gain in themselves when you bulk. Even when you cut.

Amount of fat gained during a bulk will mostly come down to size of surplus as well as training. If you want to gain less fat, keep the surplus smaller. And make sure you are following a progressive lifting program, hitting each muscle group at least twice a week for best results.

thank you very much for your help
  • sardelsa
    Options

thank you very much for your help

No problem! Yea there is a lot of misinformation out there. You basically have one extreme to another, ones that say you have to eat 100% clean or you won't put on muscle and all fat, and others that stuff their face with junk all day and over gain. Moderation and balance is best, where you hit your macros, get enough fibre, nutrition, but don't suffer through trying to cram in so much healthy food.. enjoy your food, don't overanalyze foods in isolation, have some treats too.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    How do I fill the gaps? Honestly, little Debbie's and cupcakes. I got to a point one time that I was stalled out, not gaining at all. I got my calories to around 4300 a day. I had a giant stash of little Debbie cakes in my office at that time. I would eat 4-6 a day. And more junk food when I got home. But I'm not aiming for health, just to look good naked.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    How do I fill the gaps? Honestly, little Debbie's and cupcakes. I got to a point one time that I was stalled out, not gaining at all. I got my calories to around 4300 a day. I had a giant stash of little Debbie cakes in my office at that time. I would eat 4-6 a day. And more junk food when I got home. But I'm not aiming for health, just to look good naked.

I have a nice little bag of donuts.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

I have a nice little bag of donuts.

You. You are my people.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

People say a lot of silly stuff they have no clue about. There are no "clean" carbs or "dirty" carbs there are various speeds of digestion but that's not an indication of some arbitrary "clean" standard. As mentioned, getting too much fibre can be a problem, especially if you aren't used to it and you aren't drinking enough water to keep it moving easily through your digestive tract.

Eating lower fibre foods for greater caloric intake will really help if you are struggling to make your calories.
  • Strongerxthanxyesterday
    Options
    Donuts and what not sugar carby delicious cakey stuff, it’s all good if you lifting heavy!!!! Numnumnumhun
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Right there with you! haha. Peanut Butter and Little Debbies help fill in those calorie gaps. I wish I could do 4300! Wow!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

That person that told you that is like most people in the food and fitness industry....simply ignorant. And I would avoid getting advice from that person, I am sure he or she means well, but your trusted friend is giving you bad advice unintentionally.

Your diet should consist of mainly nutritional food, whbut when you're bulking fitting a treat here and there while still getting enough fiber and micronutrients goes a long way and will make your diet more enjoyable instead of going to one extreme.