Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tried being vegan & failed!

13»

Replies

• kmariev213
    kmariev213 Posts: 21 Member
    @gessmer So have you given up your vegetarian diet completely? Or are you/will you consider it again in the future?
  • kmariev213
    @janejellyroll Yes thank you! I have been reading a lot more lately compared to audiobooks and ebooks. Something about having a book in my hand makes me feel connected and more eager to finish it! If you know what I mean. I’ll definitely go to my local library or book store to see I can find this. Any other sources of information I should look for?
  • kmariev213
    I just want to thank everyone for their reply! I have learned a lot and definitely am more motivated than ever! It’s quite hard to find people around me (my family & even in the gym) that are trying to learn, transition, &/or merge into this lifestyle. I wish everyone luck and blessing in your lives! Thank you for time and patience !!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    kmariev213 wrote: »
    @janejellyroll Yes thank you! I have been reading a lot more lately compared to audiobooks and ebooks. Something about having a book in my hand makes me feel connected and more eager to finish it! If you know what I mean. I’ll definitely go to my local library or book store to see I can find this. Any other sources of information I should look for?

Veganhealth.org is a website I've found really useful too.

Good luck! Your energy and outlook is really positive and that's a big part of getting over the initial struggles of going vegan. It does get easier!
  • kmariev213
    @janejellyroll Thank you so much! I hope you have a great week
  • gessmer
    gessmer Posts: 9 Member
    @gessmer So have you given up your vegetarian diet completely? Or are you/will you consider it again in the future?

I've given up completely for now. idk if I'll ever go back, I doubt it, Especially now cause I am trying to get some gains lol
  • kmariev213
    @gessmer Well I completely understand where you are coming from! I definitely miss my weight. I wish you luck in gaining your target weight love <3 If I have any luck gaining weight with this new diet I’ll be sure to share them with you!
  • gessmer
    gessmer Posts: 9 Member
    @gessmer Well I completely understand where you are coming from! I definitely miss my weight. I wish you luck in gaining your target weight love <3 If I have any luck gaining weight with this new diet I’ll be sure to share them with you!

I wish you luck too!! Thank you ♥️
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 779 Member
    i was vegan for 4 months but i guess its tougher being the only vegan in the family, i am trying to just be a pescatarian. im not a big fan of beef eversince anyway, i eat turkey, chicken and pork occasionally. i eat a lot of carbs, potatoes, sweet potatoes, a lot of fruits, nuts,bread, pasta, tofu