Looking for positive friend needing to lose 100lb or more.

Options
I need to lose 100+ lbs. Im having trouble staying on track due to all the negative people in my life.

Replies

• guintolose
    guintolose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I also need to lose 100+ lbs, and even though my family says they want to help, they brush off my attempts at exercise and better diet. It's very frustrating! Difficult to succeed when every other day someone is rolling their eyes when you say no to dessert or when you eat a salad while everyone else is having a burger.
  • karen_6067
    karen_6067 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's hard when people aren't supportive. If I say to them they aren't being supportive they say I will help you. I'll drive you a couple of miles out of town, drop you off, and make you walk back. That's not being supportive.
  • jbhartzell4214
    jbhartzell4214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've also got over100 lbs to lose and only joined just over a week today. Always try to stay positive when partner buys the wrong food. Would welcome another friend.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    karen_6067 wrote: »
    It's hard when people aren't supportive. If I say to them they aren't being supportive they say I will help you. I'll drive you a couple of miles out of town, drop you off, and make you walk back. That's not being supportive.

I asked my husband to take me 30 miles out of town so I could ride my bike back home. He didn't want to do it, so yeah, I guess he wasn't being supportive then, huh?
  • maurichick
    maurichick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined....again. I lost weight previously for wedding and since then and having my baby, I've put so much on. I just can't get motivated and feel like work, my toddler, husband and housework just fill my time up.

My husband says he will support me but in all honesty, we are both just too tired! I'm trying to watch what I eat but it's really the exercise that needs to be done. Hope MFP can give me some inspiration and the kick up the backside that I need!!!
  • dawnplc
    dawnplc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ lbs. Im having trouble staying on track due to all the negative people in my life.

I'm here!! Need 2 lose between 10 & 15 stone. I lost 8st in 2014 but put it all back on again. Silly me. I didn't join a slimming club i just did my own diet. So here i am again after finding out this week that im diabetic. 3 day on healthy eating. Im aiming for 1,000 to 1,200 cals a day. So its a very strict diet. I really need to do this so go no choice. So far so good. I'm smashing it. Im 41 and need to change my lifestyle. How you all getting on so far? X
  • dingles1973
    dingles1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi, my name is Keri and I'm new. I have 90 pounds to lose and finding it difficult. I need to have lots of encouragement.
  • logisticsjoe
    logisticsjoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    What you mention is very true. It’s not just weight loss either! There is never a shortage of people that will tell you what you can’t do, read it somewhere but it always stuck with me.
    I too have a lot to lose and have done it before.
    Much of it is physical, but some of it is a psychological game. It can be won!

Feel free to add me if you want to have a positive relationship with friends here.

Best
    Joe