Bloating! What am I eating?

Options
Hi All! Anyone want to take a look at my diary the last few weeks and see what I'm missing? I feel like I am constantly bloated even though I have lost about 20 pounds since January. I do not eat many complex carbs unless it is the occasional treat. Is it the sodium? Alcohol sugars? Dairy?
(Ladies, I do have PCOS which may be causing this). Any insight would be great!

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    From a quick browse through your diary I noticed you are eating quite a bit of fiber which is great but if you were not eating much fiber before and suddenly started consuming a great deal than that could be the culprit. Also, are you near your period? I know I can bloat pretty badly the week before mine to the point where it gets hard to button my pants. I did not notice how bloated I got around my period until I lost weight and it became more obvious being at a smaller size.

Just stay hydrated, watch your sodium and it will resolve itself. I know how annoying it is though!

best of luck :)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Could also be sodium. You're running pretty high most days.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It could be the Halo Top and Oh Yeah bars. I can eat one portion of something with sugar alcohols once and awhile and be fine. But if I eat them every day, or more than one serving in a day, I get bloated and my digestive system gets wonky.
  • jessiemeckle
    jessiemeckle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I thought it might be the sugar alcohols. My sister pointed out how much of my foods are processed. I will try drinking more water this week, staying away from sugar alcohols and watching my sodium.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Another vote for sodium. I know I have to watch my sodium intake or I bloat. I drink lots of water each day too, I feel like that helps get rid of bloat.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    It could be the processed package foods? But, I'm not sure if it's preservatives or the sodium that could be causing the bloat. I tend to not be as bloatey if I limit those myself. I agree with @Momepro. Keep a log of what you are eating, and how you are feeling. You can then try eliminating those foods and re-introduce them and see how you feel. I would recommend re-introducing one food at a time so you have fewer variables in knowing what is bothering you.
  • jessiemeckle
    jessiemeckle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea. I'll try eliminating one food and see if that helps. I have a small addiction to cheese though...I could eat cheese on anything. I wish there was an alternative!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    That's a really good idea. I'll try eliminating one food and see if that helps. I have a small addiction to cheese though...I could eat cheese on anything. I wish there was an alternative!

Put that one on your list first! My line of thinking is to just get your favorite out of the way. That way you know for sure it is or isn't the culprit. Unless you have other things that seem to bother you when cheese wasn't present. I tried gluten free myself this year since all my problems seemed to revolve around guten-ey things. 3 weeks later, I was relieved to know that wasn't the problem. I'm not sure what I love more. Bread or cheese, so I feel your pain! It turned out my problem had more to do with portion control and certain preservatives. There are dairy free cheese alternatives (I think) if you find out cheese is the culprit.