Lapbander struggling 1 1/2 years out, no weight loss for mon

Options
Hello all! I had my lapband 10-2008, I lost a bunch of weight quickly in the beginning. Then I slowed way down. I went back to the dr as directed. I went up for a few months. Now I seem to be hanging around the same weight. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I have enough restriction, I don't really want more. I had to have some removed in January and start all over because of a stuck problem. I love my band and I couldnt have gotten to this weight without it and mfp, but I am so frustrated now. So if anyone has any ideas for cheap and easy meals or snacks I'm all ears. Any help would be great. I would love to hear from other bandsters. Thanks all! Kelli

Replies

• autumn130
    autumn130 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have not had weight loss surgery but my little sis has. She had gastric a little over 2 years ago. She has lost about 150 lbs. She hangs around the same weight but I will say she has had issues with getting the right amount of nutrients. Are you taking your vitamins? Im not sure that will help but it is something to look in to.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I had my lap band in January of 08, lost 100 lbs in the first year and then plateaued and yo-yoed for the following year. I just started getting back on track in February.

Like you, I had a problem with an obstruction (got something stuck) and had to have all the fluid removed and had to start over with the fills. Since then it's been so hit or miss. I'm under filled and hungry. Then I'm overfilled and can't keep anything down. I am at a place now where I have a really good restriction but at times I wonder if I'm a little/just a tad too restricted. I find that staying away from bread and pasta helps.

What got me back on track? I had gone from a size 24 to a 10 (first time in my adult life to not have to shop in the big girl shops!) but then my weight started creeping back up. I had to get back into my 12s and I absolutely, positively refused to go into 14s again. 14s just made it seem like the big girl shops would be the next stop.

In February, I tried the HCGC diet with my boyfriend's mom. I lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks and that spurred me into action. You don't have to do anything that drastic, but you need to find something that works for you. What really works for me is following the lap band protocol per my doctor's office: Protein FIRST > then veggies & fruit > then, if you are still hungry, a little bit of carbs -- OR just have a bit more protein.

Water consumption is very important! Drink a minimum of 64 oz per day. Exercise is a must. you have to find a way to workout 3-5 times a week. I know that what helps me is 5 days a week, for at least 60 minutes. I cannot do less than that or else I don't get any results. Mix up your workouts. Do intervals, do weight training, try classes. have fun!

Use this website. The support I've gotten from MFP has been amazing! I love my MFP friends :-) And you'll find quite a few "banders" on here.

Good luck. Feel free to friend me (if you want)
  • jenniferlynnmiller21
    Options
    I think your doing a great job babe :) Just keep plugging away! You HAVE to start working out regularly! I will help you ANY way I can! Office lunges on Thursday? :)
  • jenniferlynnmiller21
    Options
    I think your doing a great job babe :) Just keep plugging away! You HAVE to start working out regularly! I will help you ANY way I can! Office lunges on Thursday? :)
  • khacker1
    khacker1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the support all! I am doing well this week. Lots of water. Always vitamins. I got my lapband post op book out and reread a lot of it on sunday night. I am trying hard to learn how to exercise. It is hard to do when you grow up without ever seeing anyone in your family exercise. I know that is the #1 factor for me!