What should I do? Suggestions??

Hello, I am currently attempting to lose around 35lbs. I was on bedrest when I was pregnant with my son and I wound up gaining a lot of weight. Once he was born I started working out and was 10lbs within my "pre-preggo" weight. However, I got sick, had multiple surgeries and the weight that I lost came back with an additional 5-10lbs.
My goal is to lose weight, be healthy, tone my body and strengthen my muscles.

I have a question... what do any of you recommend? Strength training then cardio? Or vice versa? I ask because at my local gym I asked this question and I was told that I should do training first so that I can ensure I am doing them correctly; whereas if I do my cardio first when time for weights, I will rush through them. Do you agree with that?

In addition does anyone have any toning / training exercises that tone the body quickly? I know that I have to work and be patient with weight loss, but it's discouraging when you don't see the fruits of your labor.

Ok, I am done... please - let me know :-)

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Hello, I am currently attempting to lose around 35lbs. I was on bedrest when I was pregnant with my son and I wound up gaining a lot of weight. Once he was born I started working out and was 10lbs within my "pre-preggo" weight. However, I got sick, had multiple surgeries and the weight that I lost came back with an additional 5-10lbs.
    My goal is to lose weight, be healthy, tone my body and strengthen my muscles.

I have a question... what do any of you recommend? Strength training then cardio? Or vice versa? I ask because at my local gym I asked this question and I was told that I should do training first so that I can ensure I am doing them correctly; whereas if I do my cardio first when time for weights, I will rush through them. Do you agree with that?

In addition does anyone have any toning / training exercises that tone the body quickly? I know that I have to work and be patient with weight loss, but it's discouraging when you don't see the fruits of your labor.

Ok, I am done... please - let me know :-)

My advice is either to do weights first and then cardio, or to do only weights 3 days per week and do cardio on off days.

Lifting weights is going to help you retain your muscle while you lose fat, instead of losing fat and muscle.

You do need to be patient, but you'll get the quickest results from lifting heavy. Look into Stronglifts or Starting Strength. If you can afford it, hire a trainer for a couple of sessions to help you with form. If you can't afford it, read as much as you can and watch the Stronglifts/Starting Strength form videos on YouTube.