1 Calorie left st 4:00PM...

Options
Oops... made some not so good choices. At least I logged them. So yeah... it's only 4:00PM and I'm out of calories. Dang it. What would you do for dinner? I'd rather not fast till breakfast... I know I'm going to have a growling stomach later...

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Not something I’d encourage but I would go and walk or exercise to ‘earn’ some calories for dinner. I know that’s not a healthy behaviour though.
  • Sober_Is_Sexy
    Sober_Is_Sexy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :) Could always go do a workout to allow you some more calories
  • sibeluver03
    sibeluver03 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have already got my work out in... this morning was a 345 calorie day. I never eat back my exercise calories... maybe a little extra one wouldn't hurt...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have already got my work out in... this morning was a 345 calorie day. I never eat back my exercise calories... maybe a little extra one wouldn't hurt...

So that means you have 346 calories for dinner.

Depends on if they are using MFP as designed, or doing a TDEE version (where those cals are already included).

OP. If you are just straight using MFP than you should be eating those 345 regardless.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's not the end of the world lass! If you're hungry you won't sleep well so have something low calorie and filling. You need to plan your day beforehand or look back on your diary for a good day and learn from that. Nobody's perfect, we all falter at some point but at least you recognise it and can look out for it in future. Good luck
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would eat a modest dinner and compensate for it tomorrow.
  • robinhager3998
    robinhager3998 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Eat something. One bad day doesn't ruin everything! I would try to make it high protein, like maybe an omelet and some whole wheat toast. We've ALL been there!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Make something you can live with for the rest of the night. Going over one day will be fine and will have no real impact on your overall plan. We've ALL been there, but fasting until morning will just make you grumpy (unless you can go to bed right now!).

Maybe take a walk tonight.

Sometimes breakfast for dinner is a good way to get a big meal with lower calories. An omlette with some veggies and a combo of whole egg and egg white + some cheese. Add in some fresh fruit and you have yourself a pretty decent meal for only a few hundred calories.

Another good option is soup. I know Progresso soup has a decent calorie profile and you can eat quite a lot of it.

Good luck.
  • sibeluver03
    Options
    Thanks everyone! About eating back the calories... I've been on MFP for nearly a year and have never eaten exercise calories back. I honestly didn't know what I was doing at first and manually entered how many calories I wanted to stay under per day, mainly because I am a low carber. Most low carbers don't worry about calories, but that didn't made sense to me, so I have always counted calories and carbs. I just picked 1600 calories and have since lowered them to 1400 as I've lost weight. 64lbs down so far... i recently learned/realized that by not eating back my exercise calories, I'm basically only taking in an average of 1100 per day, depending on the day's work out. Although this has all worked nicely for me, it has me wondering a bit if it's okay, or am I doing myself more harm than good? I hope all that makes sense. It's hard to explain things through text sometimes. Thanks again for your help, everyone!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Women should net a minimum of 1200 (men 1500) and most should net more than that. The 1200 is really only appropriate for small sedentary women.

But how long did it take to lose the 64 lbs?

But have something for dinner.
  • sibeluver03
    Options
    One year this month. I'm definitely not trying to loose any more though. I'm pretty much at goal.

I'm going to make some eggs with tuna. :)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    Surely after being on MFP for a year, you understand that one day going over by a bit - say 300 or so if you have a light dinner - is really not going to make any difference?
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1 calorie left ? .... easy 1/2 grape :wink:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    One year this month. I'm definitely not trying to loose any more though. I'm pretty much at goal.

I'm going to make some eggs with tuna. :)

If you're not trying to lose anymore, then eating back exercise calories is pretty much mandatory, unless you're using the TDEE method.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eat back those exericise calories and you're sorted.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Surely after being on MFP for a year, you understand that one day going over by a bit - say 300 or so if you have a light dinner - is really not going to make any difference?

And the OP wouldn’t even be over because they haven’t been eating exercise calories