Am I exercising enough?

Options
Hi everyone,
I've hit a plateau and decided to change my caloric intake (just started doing TDEE-20%), but I'm wondering if I should change my exercise as well. I currently am doing C25K (I'm on week 7) and I'm also doing the butt bible videos (just finished week 2 so I will be moving onto level 2). So my exercise varies from 3 to 5 days, some days more strenuous then others.

Anyways, just wondering if I'm doing enough? Or do I need to add more? I've set myself as lightly active, as I'm not very active other than when I'm exercising. Should I add more? Those who have been successful with losing, what have you been doing and how often?

Thanks!

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is better than none!!!! I love the expression " you're doing laps of the people on the couch!!!"
    U need to have the spare time to do more exercise so if you don't have the time what could you give up to make time?
    I use my exercise bike for 30 min a day every day and walk for an hour 3 times a week (carrying my 6 kg son in a harness). I don't have any more time than this at the moment so that's all I can do so I adjust my diet accordingly.
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I typically work out about 3 times a week - in general you can say that for losing weight diet is the king......diet is way more important than exercise when trying to lose weight.

Exercise is to improve other physical markers.

But you can always try to mix it up - but that might as well be trying something different than running to activate other muscle groups or activate your body in a different way than when you run. Upping the time you spend exerising isn't the only option you have.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This. ^

Several friends have asked me about my diet etc. and I've made a plan for them with 4 points: food, water, workouts and MFP. As for workouts I suggested 6 times a week 30 min or 3 times one hour. But if one has no or little time any fitness counts. Maybe lifting weights would help you to break the plateau.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership but I do have free standing weights. I've read a lot about "lifting heavy" but I'm a bit intimidated by it and have no idea where to start. Any suggestions of a routine I can follow?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gym membership but I do have free standing weights. I've read a lot about "lifting heavy" but I'm a bit intimidated by it and have no idea where to start. Any suggestions of a routine I can follow?
    Lifting will most definitely help.. I love lifting weights. Form is so important.. Don't be afraid to lift more than 10lbs. you can get workout plans for lifting online, fitness magazines, pinterest... ect.. the options are endless.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm doing "Body by You" which is a great strength training system outlined in the book by Mark Lauren. It doesn't take much time and is VERY effective. No equipment needed and you can do the exercises anywhere.