Smells

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Like: Coppertone Sun Tan Lotion

Hate: Nursing Home with the indoor temperature set at 80.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Caramelizing sugar and gasoline
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Back when we were dating, my now husbands always smelled like cinnamon for some reason, so that smell reminds me of that.
    I hate the smell of bacon and the way a kitchen smells if people cook bacon every day but don't run the vent fans and/or don't degrease after. Not a vegetarian but always thought bacon stinks...
    Favorite smells: the citrus smell you get when pealing an orange, peppermint, baking cookies or brownies, the bread isle at the grocery store, pizza

@UrBaconMeCr8zy uh oh

Like I said...the smell of disappointment in the morning...I just knew someone would say that

Sorry man. We always had it growing up, but I've never liked the smell of bacon. My husband and kids love it so I do have to tolerate it but there's usually a lot of OCD cleaning and Lysol spraying happening after a breakfast with bacon.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut grass
    Baking bread
    Napalm
    Sex
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut grass
    Baking bread
    Napalm
    Sex

At the same time?
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Favorite smells...my husband, baking bread, country hay, homegrown roses in the garden, that magnolia room spray sold at Magnolia Gardens in Charleston, bacon and onions being cooked together, barbecue.

Worst thing I ever smelled...one night, many years ago, I was driving to a friend's house in the next state. The interstate came to a standstill. There were cops, ambulances, and huge lights up. As the cops let us drive through slowly, I couldn't see evidence of anything having happened except what looked like a huge lake of blood that I had to drive through. The stench that permeated my car as I drove through that lake was the most repulsive, gut-wrenchingly putrid scent I've ever experienced. It was sweet and warm and rancid.

The next morning in the light, I saw what looked like blood spatters on my car and wheels from where I drove through it. Needless to stay, it got a thorough cleaning.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Loves: bread, fresh from the plant lavender, coffee, the smell of cold damp rocks and soil (think base of a waterfall), Moroccanoil, a fresh cigarette, the smell right at the top of a forehead

Hate: anything lavender scented, strong cinnamon, axe body spray, puppy/baby breath, old sweat

Memory based: There's some sort of sweet smell from a spring/summer's day driving through the country that I'm not sure of what it is exactly but it's amazing and reminds me of when I first moved to North Carolina.
    Old lady rose scented things like potpourri take me back to my childhood but not sure where exactly. My grandpa used to smoke which is why I think I like cigarette smoke.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Fresh cut grass
    Baking bread
    Napalm
    Sex

At the same time?

Well...of course. Wasn’t it obvious?

• glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Napalm In The Morning ..Smells Like..Victory
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fresh cut orchard grass in hay season
    Coffee
    Vanilla when its not too sweet or strong
    Dogs when they are a few days after a bath and smell like a dog but not stinky yet
    My husbands smell is comforting but there is a fine line of too sweaty
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Fresh baked bread is a good one.

I forgot the smell of honeysuckle and daffodils. Reminds me of my home of homes. :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I like the smell of plastic rafts and inflatable toys, which I know is odd.

Love lots of cooking smells and it could even be roast, onions, beans.

I also like many typical scents that others have named like honeysuckle, sandalwood, etc. I like patchouli and it reminds me of being a teenager in the 90s. Same with cloves - the spice or the cigs.

One of my least favorite smells is baby lotion. I think I associate it somehow with dirty diapers and it kind of gags me, I don't know really (I'm not around babies and not having children so not familiar).
  • genchiyu
    genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ... weird word typing that out.

Anyway, what are your favorite smells? Are there memories associated with them? Worst smell you have ever encountered? Smells that are weird and/or wild? Share your favorite scent here!

Favorite smell: Old books
    Least favorite: Durian (sweaty onion and custard smell, it's terrible!)
    Memory associated: Smell of rain in the countryside. Reminds me of home.

Favorites: Cologne that can make a man sexy, depending.
    This men-only body lotion. (Reminded me of my first ex-bf)
    Roasted-Marshmallow candle scents
    Food that came out of the oven, especially baked cookies.
    Clothes that smell like detergent.

Nasty smells: B.O.
    Breath that smells like bad bananas
    Bad breath in general
    Old meat

• DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Canada, at least in British Columbia, spring was ushered in by the sublime and intoxicating scent of lilacs in bloom. Forever imprinted. Since moving to Arizona, the lilacs have been supplanted by the beautiful aroma of orange groves so there is a divine scent in the desert in spring.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Favorite - Lavender
    Hate - Cigarette butts/ashtray
    I don't really have any associated memories
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut hay, in the field when you are surrounded by it.
    Fresh roasted coffee beans, just when you open the sealed package.
    Dead bodies decaying in the open.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut hay, in the field when you are surrounded by it.
    Fresh roasted coffee beans, just when you open the sealed package.
    Dead bodies decaying in the open.

I have a feeling there's a good story here, but I'm afraid to ask.