Maybe some coffee
Sit right down
This is a safe space
Share your stories/struggles/feelings here

Replies

• whitney_cherelle
    whitney_cherelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me either. I’d rather go live in a mental health facility.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have two boys who think their absent, angry, alcoholic father is a superhero and argue with me about everything based on what he does or says when he sees them.

I am exhausted. I don't even want to think about the teenage years (which will last for 11 years)
  • scompton094
    scompton094 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old daughter, she acts like she is 13 already...
  • Versicolour
    Options
    @whitney_cherelle and @Avocado_AS5 you have all my sympathy. I really feel for you. I don't think I could handle teenage girls! I was one, that's enough drama for a lifetime!!
  • Versicolour
    Options
    @CaptainFantastic01 are you sure you want to open this particular can of worms?? Toddlers are treats compared to teenagers!

One tip (that I am still struggling with as I have no backup when I am too exhausted) - set your boundaries and stick to them. Never falter!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Girls 3 and 5. I'm sick of having to make the coffee. Every. Morning. Seriously. I love when my mom comes to visit, she makes it AND folds the permanent laundry goon in our livingroom chair and does dishes. She stays a week and does more than X did in years. 36 and I'd rather have my mom around than a man...
  • scompton094
    scompton094 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Girls 3 and 5. I'm sick of having to make the coffee. Every. Morning. Seriously. I love when my mom comes to visit, she makes it AND folds the permanent laundry goon in our livingroom chair and does dishes. She stays a week and does more than X did in years. 36 and I'd rather have my mom around than a man...

I wish I had this. I tend to tell my babysitters (teenagers) I'll pay ya extra if you fold my towels and sweep my floors
  • Lucynbailey
    Lucynbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey..i have a 3 year old little girl. Me n her dad spilt when she was just 10months old...lost my man 3 days after she was born. She's helped me through so much in her little life all ready. Shes so loving n has always helped around the house n with our dog. She's unbelievable n my biggest fan with my exercising...even does it with me!
  • Lucynbailey
    Lucynbailey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey..i have a 3 year old little girl. Me n her dad spilt when she was just 10months old...lost my man 3 days after she was born. She's helped me through so much in her little life all ready. Shes so loving n has always helped around the house n with our dog. She's unbelievable n my biggest fan with my exercising...even does it with me!

So you and her dad made it 10 months, but your man only made it 3 days? I'm so confused

My mam..i had edited it but clearly it hasn't changed
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Well, this is my place! I gots a 15 and a 13 yr old, both girls. And ya, ya'll are right, it's a lot of work and stress, but man oh man do they make life worth it!
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    2 boys - almost 16 and 11. I am thankful every day that I didn't have girls, I can barely manage my own estrogen fueled feelings and my boys are great kids... Most of the time anyway! :) I'm really lucky to have a great coparenting relationship with their dad, so no real drama from that either.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I wish I had this. I tend to tell my babysitters (teenagers) I'll pay ya extra if you fold my towels and sweep my floors

She comes a couple times a year and visits for a week. I'll have to try the babysitter bonus
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I have 21 month old baby girl. She is super sweet and snuggly and my whole world. She is sick right now, as am I.
    I am happy to report that I think I got 5-6 hours of sleep last night! Super relieved. I think I had 12 hours sleep TOTAL since Friday night..... It's been a rough week. Been dizzy every day from fatigue, but can't take time off work. So last night was just..... beautiful. Still exhausted, but I'll make it. haha
  • Versicolour
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I have 21 month old baby girl. She is super sweet and snuggly and my whole world. She is sick right now, as am I.
    I am happy to report that I think I got 5-6 hours of sleep last night! Super relieved. I think I had 12 hours sleep TOTAL since Friday night..... It's been a rough week. Been dizzy every day from fatigue, but can't take time off work. So last night was just..... beautiful. Still exhausted, but I'll make it. haha

I'm sorry. That is horrible. It's bad enough being sick yourself, but to feel so completely helpless to ease the suffering if your baby is the worst! I hope you both get better soon (and get to sleep the whole weekend away)