Can’t Sleep Want to Eat Everything in Sight

Options
I can’t sleep. I’m in a lot of pain and feel like I will sabotage myself by eating a load of crap to make myself feel better. I’ve already gone over by 300 cals and feel shite for doing that. But I know I am close to messing my week up if I carry on like this. Why am I my own worst enemy? I want to lose weight so badly but get so frustrated with being bedbound with a severe case of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. I guess today is one of those days where I feel beaten by my demons and very lonely. Sorry for such a depressing post.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are having a pretty rough time.

Does eating more reduce your pain or help you sleep or anything? Are there particular foods you are wanting more than others? Does avoiding certain foods help?

What I am reading is that sleep is pretty important with your conditions. Reducing stress is recomended. Yoga, pilates and meditation or relaxation exercises are recommended. A warm bath, water exercise moght be helpful.

Maybe allow yourself a smaller deficit or a maintenance calorie day on bad days and don't beat yourself up about it. Do what you can when you can.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    no doubt when you don't feel well, our instinct is to try and eat ourselves into feeling energetic. Maybe you can find a good homeopathic doctor to help you. you need nutrition and rest... use food as medicine and get expert help.. the weight loss can come as a second priority. Feel better.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Something warm, no calorie to sip on. Aspirin. Possibly warm Epsom salts bath? Cheese? If you're really going to eat, egg white omelet.
    Good luck. Hugs and warm thoughts.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. It sounds like your going through a lot right now. I know that when I'm not feeling well, it's hard to get calories under control. I hope that your able to get this sorted soon.