Counting macros 101!?

Hello!
I feel like I don’t meet up to my expectations on MFP. I’m trying to maintain my weight now but I feel like I’m not logging them correctly, I eat really healthy but what’s the use if I’m not intaking my foods on MFP.
Any suggestions in how to scale my food or make sure I’m doing the whole MFP correctly? I feel like I’m missing some calories. I am very active and go to the gym 6 times a week.
I guess I’m still learning so anything should help.

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Macro wise the amount of protein you eat is the most important macro. Try to eat at least 0.5-0.8gr per pound of bodyweight. Fat and carbs are up to your own preference. The most used macro split is 50%carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Are you weighing your food? Do you know your true tdee(total daily energy expenditure)? Maintaining your weight, also means knowing what your consuming to be consistent and for effective long term success.

Are you weight training? What are your doing in the gym? If you're training 6x a week, you really need to find your tdee first. Then stick to that for a few weeks and adjust accordingly. Either increase or decrease 100-200 cals at a time.

Good luck!