Macros — HELP

Options
mrszig81
mrszig81 Posts: 20 Member
Recently was on a keto diet for approximately two months , I did lose 17 lbs but I am trying to experiment with my body and I’m weight lifting 4 days a week plus a good cardio day or two. My ultimate goal is to be fit , and healthy , I want to be in single digits in pants sizes and mediums in shirts . If can accomplish this at 170 lbs wonderful , the number on the scale doesn’t change anything if I am happy and hit one of the other goals. I’m currently 29 f, 5’6” 201.8 lb moderately active . I have used several macro calculators and get diff numbers and i want the best ones!! So any macro gurus out there willing to help a girl out with some weight loss macros ??

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think everything will be easier if you lose the idea of weight loss macros - you lose weight by eating fewer calories. Any macro split that allows you to do that - happily - for a long, long time, is the best.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You would need to figure out your weight loss calories then split your macros accordingly. I do a 30/30/40 split. 30% protein, 30% fat, 40% carbs. But really, you'll just have to go by trial and error to find what's best for you.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    There is no best one. Macros should be set with goals and personal preferences in mind, and should generally be viewed as a range, not as a set/specific number.

Your goals are pretty standard, so no reason to do anything extreme like low fat or low carb or whatever else, unless that just happens to be the way you prefer to eat. I'd start with a fairly balanced split and see how you do.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There's no such thing as weight loss macros.

Weight loss comes from creating a calorie deficit.

I could eat 2000 calories of cake per day and still lose weight as long as I was creating a calorie deficit.

Just because someone does keto does not mean they will automatically lose weight.( After the initial water weight) a calorie deficit is still needed for weight loss.

Keto is not some magical weight loss solution. It's just a tool that some people use to create a calorie deficit or for medical conditions. There's some people that will tell you that keto is some weight loss miracle and that it cures every ailment , I'd be very careful not to listen to Those people

• ceolyn
    ceolyn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the default macros set, but I mostly ignore them

I usually end up at or just over my protein goal, over on fat, and under on carbs. Calorie wise, I try to land within 100 calories of my daily goal, and that seems to be working. My fat often comes in high because I have an unquenchable love affair with avocados, sunflower seeds, and salmon.

I've been pretty consistently losing between 1-2 pounds a week.

Focus on calories