Spinach Chicken Noodle Bake

Options
kemoon0915
kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
edited March 2018 in Recipes
I made this recipe recently and I love it. I used chicken instead of turkey because it's what I had, and cream of mushroom (98 % fat free) instead of cream of chicken. I also added a small can of mushrooms. So much protein and super filling!

calories 235
Total Fat 6 g
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 25 g

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spinach-turkey-noodle-bake/amp

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    similar to the chicken spaghetti..i bet this taste incredible w 25 g protein wow what a plus.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'm not a fan of canned soups though (usually too high in sodium and I don't like too much salt) so I'd want to make my own mushroom sauce but thanks for the link anyway :smile:
  • marley_12
    marley_12 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What's the serving size your basing the calories off of? Asking cuz it sounds great and id like to try it
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have it written down at home, but i think it's around 215 grams
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream:

These are some recipes to substitute canned condensed cream of chicken (or anything else) soup.

https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/condensed-cream-of-chicken-substitute/

or:

Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
    makes a little over a cup, equivalent to one can of soup

3 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons white flour
    1/2 cup chicken stock
    1/2 cup milk
    Salt and pepper

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat then add the flour. Cook, stirring rapidly, until the mixture is thick.

Add the chicken stock and whisk until smooth, then add the milk. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.

This will keep for a couple days in the fridge, but it's best to use it the day you make it.