Workout Advice

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on the best way to maximise my time in the gym and try to get the best overall workout during the week for maximum possible weight loss. Here is my workout schedule as it stands now:

Mon: Dance 2.5 hours
Tues: Gym 45 mins, Yoga 1.5 hours
Wed: Dance 1.5 hours
Thurs: Possible gym 30 mins, Dance 1 hour
Fri: Gym 45 mins
Sat: 5km run
Sun: Gym 1 hour

With the gym sessions, I have been doing a mix of interval running and weights, but I'm wondering if anyone has some specific advice on what to do in each session (given my other commitments) to maximise results and get a balanced workout over the week. With the Thurs gym session, I rarely actually get there for that, but it is possible if I needed to add something in.

Replies

• coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What are you after? You're spending a TON of time on your fitness which is cool! Way more than I could do! What goals are you after?
  • Thunderfan66
    Thunderfan66 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Definitely after weight loss at the moment. I have put on a few kgs after an indulgent holiday, and I just want to get it off! Once I have lost some weight I'm happy to go more for strength, fitness, toning, etc. So I guess for the next 6 weeks or so I want to focus on losing fat, and then I can change it up after that if needed.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Definitely after weight loss at the moment. I have put on a few kgs after an indulgent holiday, and I just want to get it off! Once I have lost some weight I'm happy to go more for strength, fitness, toning, etc. So I guess for the next 6 weeks or so I want to focus on losing fat, and then I can change it up after that if needed.

I think you probably need to be more detailed to receive better advice, ie. current weight, goal weight, approx amount of cals that you're eating etc.

That said, you seem to workout quite a bit, you need to eat enough to support this. Also you can use your gym time wisely by lift weights and doing interval training.

Hope that helps!