Best exercises to tone upper arms

Options
4bugsmama
4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
I have been back to tracking, eating clean, and doing some cardio, but have noticed that my upper arms are needing some attention (badly) lol. I'm looking for suggestions on how to tone those puppies up. Tank top season is coming soon and I don't want to hide behind longer sleeves. I want to enjoy the sun on my skin :)

I am about 5'6", 150 pounds, if that makes a difference. Also, I need exercises that I can do at home, I don't go to the gym.

TIA!

Replies

• 4bugsmama
    Options
    Thank you VeggieGirlforLife! I see soooo many exercises, challenges, etc. I wanted to get feedback from someone who has tried and true sources. I will check both of them out and hope for wonderful results :smiley:
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Even though I hate them, push-ups really help to define the arm muscles. I also like planks. Both of these exercises help to tone a good majority of your body so they are good all around!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Aplant77 wrote: »
    Even though I hate them, push-ups really help to define the arm muscles. I also like planks. Both of these exercises help to tone a good majority of your body so they are good all around!

How so?

I do deadlifts 2x weekly along with bench 4x and squats 3x. So my entire body gets recruited the entire week. Yet I am not toned.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The main muscle that is worked in benching is the pec major and minor. Triceps are the secondary muscle group that is worked. For arms I have the following suggestions:

Tricep:
    Close grip bench press
    Bench dips
    Skull crushers

Bicep:
    Hammer curls
    Incline curls
    Alternating curls

All these exercises can be done with just dumbbells
  • prescottgal7
    prescottgal7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The iPhone app store has "Daily Arm" - you can choose 5, 8 or 10 minute workouts. I'm sure the Google Play store will have it as well. It's really pretty good! I like the focus on triceps, a problem area for me
  • 4bugsmama
    Options
    Thank you! I've been using free weights and doing what I think is right. But I like the idea of a regimented routine
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You have to lose the fat on the arms in order to see the muscles. I have very toned arms. My exercises are mostly kickboxing and lifting (bench press, OHP, rows or pullups) I also do squats, deadlifts, and other lower body lifts, but they don't target the upper arms. Some accessory work might include bicep curls, tricep extension, delt lifts...
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Body Pump class for 3 months while losing weight and notice a difference in my arms. They have more muscle definition.