Why am I suddenly hungry 24/7?

2»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Hard to answer without knowing if "awhile" is a year or like 3 weeks.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Hard to answer without knowing if "awhile" is a year or like 3 weeks.

@KWheelhouse19

This is the most important question to help diagnose your issue

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    How far under your calorie goal are you eating? You should eat TO your goal.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    I’ve been exercising and dieting everyday for awhile now. The exercise is great, I absolutely love going to the gym. In the beginning, the dieting was easy. I didn’t want fatty or sugary foods. I have been drinking tons of water and staying well below my calorie count.

BUT THEN

Two nights ago I was overcome with crazy hunger. It wasn’t a craving for something bad, but like a “I haven’t eaten in a month” kind of a hunger. I tried to sleep it off but yesterday all hell broke loose. I did terrible. I ate anything, not caring about the calories or what it was or how much. And even before I started this journey, I’ve never done that. I don’t understand what is happening. I’ve woken up today with another crazy sense of hunger. I’ve been going for protein and veggies and anything to keep me full but it isn’t working. Please help.

My gut feeling is that you're under eating for the calories you burn which gives you hunger rage. I know it's common for women on this website to cut their calories drastically when just a slight deficit would've still done the job and be more sustainable long term. When I go on a cut (aka fat loss phase), I eat at the highest amount of calories I can that makes me lose weight. For example, my TDEE is somewhere around 3000 calories at this moment, if I were to start my cut, I would start at 2600, but I know many people who would go straight to 1800 calories if they were in my shoes which would be a big mistake.