biggest loser week 8

Options
2»

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I did try the salsa chicken once (the true test) my guys loved it. The only thing different was the recipe had to add 1/2 block of Fat free cream cheese in the last 30 mins it cooked..Really YUMMY!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying the thread.. it is very tough though. My upper body has no strength so I am finding those the most difficult. But I keep telling myself its only 3 minutes of strength training per circuit I can do it. I can honestly say I feel my body getting toned.. (I know its only been 4 workouts but thatn ive done before) I am also doing 25-45 mins on the treadmill after so I am sure thats helping too. I am determined to finish the whole 30 days!!!! My boyfriend said that he would buy me a heart rate monitor if I finish it, so I really really really want to!!

I think we are making salsa chicken Saturday so I can report back on how good/bad it was lol Im sure it will be great.. I like salsa and chicken lol
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we're halfway there! I've only lost 4 pounds, but I keep falling off and hopping back on...I HAVE to get on and STAY on!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I did try the salsa chicken once (the true test) my guys loved it. The only thing different was the recipe had to add 1/2 block of Fat free cream cheese in the last 30 mins it cooked..Really YUMMY!

If I am not mistaken I think I remember my girlfriend saying something about cheese as well can't remember if it was creamed or regular but I do remember cheese!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey I got this receipe from my vegan group and I want to try it so I will share with you all and I planonmaking them tomm so I can see how they turn out!!

Banana Oatmeal Cookies
    Cookies without wheat, sugar, oil, or salt? You betcha! You'll need a good, strong blender like a Vita-Mix to blend the oats into a fine flour; otherwise, purchase oat flour at the health food store.

makes about 24 cookies

2 cups oats
    3/4 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    4 medium overripe bananas
    1/4 cup sunflower seeds
    1/4 cup chopped dates

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray with nonstick spray.

Use a good blender to blend the oats into fine flour. Pour the oat flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking soda and cinnamon.

Put the peeled, overripe bananas into the blender and blend until completely smooth. Add to the oat mixture along with the sunflower seeds and dates, and mix until well combined.

Use a 1-ounce cookie scoop to place spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the baking sheet.

Bake for 12 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Hmmm never ended up doing salsa chicken yesterday, I had pasta instead. I was very very hungover yesterday so I didnt end up doing Shred day #5 - but I am going to do day 5 after my soccer game at 5. Played baseball yesterday and today, I was a filler for two different teams that needed a girl to play.

I didnt get to the challenge yesterday.. but today its game time!! (minus the mchicken sandwich I had at McDonalds for lunch)
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Won our baseball game today.. wohoo, than tied our soccer game 0-0. I had to play net the first half since we didnt have a goalie (so I volunteered) than I played out for the second half. Came home and did the Shred Day #5 right away.

Soooo mad at myself that I didnt do the shred yesterday - stupid hangovers. But I am proud that I didnt just throw it all away and give up. I forced myself to get back to it today and I did it! 1/6th of the way there.

I have had at least 14 glasses of water lol
    did eat McDonalds McChicken for lunch
    25 push ups
    10 lunges
    50 crunches
    still no new recipe :(
    no free weight workout - but kindaaa because its in the Shred lol

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - I know I sure did :) I was hoping to go rollerblading and play tennis with my boyfriend but we ended up getting invited to play baseball, than the weather wasnt too nice (rain) so we didnt get that in.

A new week.. so a new challenge. What shall it be..? hmmmm
    - certain amount of jumping jacks?
    - leg raises?
  • raindancer
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Hope you all had a great weekend. DH was off work so I didn't get in any structured exercise. I did pick a couple bussels of peaches. I've got to start freezing them tonight after my aqua class.
    I did make the salsa chicken and the guys loved it. I served it over brown rice with a tossed salad.

Any ideas for this week?

Later...
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Hello Hello All.... hope everyone is still here... or at least will return shortly after the weekend :)

We need to decide on something to add for the challenge this week.. I mentioned a couple in my above post - anyone have any suggestions so we can get started today.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Sundindgurl: good suggestions. Lets do the leg lifts this week and add the jumping jacks next week.

Hope everyone is well...MIss you guys:flowerforyou:
    I'll start week 9

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107759-biggest-loser-week-9
  • boo518
    boo518 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    tag for future