Green tea??

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    No, green tea has no magical properties but if you enjoy drinking it then drink away :smile:
  • Froggyh
    Froggyh Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're drinking green tea (with no sugar or milk) instead of a beverage that is loaded with calories.

Cool cause I asked my neighbour how does he stay skinny he saidhe drinks green tea and only eats meat once per month and eats anything and no exercise.

Funny, that; I got fat drinking green tea on a vegetarian diet when I stopped exercising :wink:
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Nah, don't listen to these people, they are too set in their ways. Drinking 1-2 cups a day of your most average green tea can actually help you greatly with weight loss. What they don't tell you, however, is that the sugar molecules in sugary drinks or high-sugar snacks counter the beneficial effects of green tea. The helpful substance in green tea works, but it needs to be taken for a while for someone to actually feel the effects and consuming too much additional sugar can prevent that entirely. Trust me, I know these things, I am an internet expert. ;)

This is quite possibly the worst info in this thread but I can't tell if your being serious or not.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    Nah, don't listen to these people, they are too set in their ways. Drinking 1-2 cups a day of your most average green tea can actually help you greatly with weight loss. What they don't tell you, however, is that the sugar molecules in sugary drinks or high-sugar snacks counter the beneficial effects of green tea. The helpful substance in green tea works, but it needs to be taken for a while for someone to actually feel the effects and consuming too much additional sugar can prevent that entirely. Trust me, I know these things, I am an internet expert. ;)

can't tell if serious??

With the wink emoji, I think this was written in sarcasm font.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Along with ' trust me, I am an Internet expert'

Nobody says that in seriousness :D
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Along with ' trust me, I am an Internet expert'

Nobody says that in seriousness :D

That's what convinced me.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Does green tea help you lose weight even without exercise or diet etc ???
    No, it can help you feel less hungry and I do say 'it can', but otherwise, never be fooled into thinking that a certain food or drink makes you lose weight or else everyone would eating pizza and cheeseburgers after drinking tea.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Nope, I would have been skinny decades ago. I love iced green tea.
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    No, it can help you feel less hungry and I do say 'it can', but otherwise, never be fooled into thinking that a certain food or drink makes you lose weight or else everyone would eating pizza and cheeseburgers after drinking tea.

True it makes me eat less food less hungry so if im eating very little food will I lose weight then do you know?
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

True it makes me eat less food less hungry so if im eating very little food will I lose weight then do you know?

Yea, but you're not losing weight because of that green tea, you are losing weight because your eating less food than your burning. Green tea is just a good tool, but it does not guarantee that everyone who drinks it will eat less.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Clarify, “eating very little food” please. What are you eating? What is your calorie target? Are you hitting it?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options

Of course if you are eating very little food (which I take to mean well under your calorie allowance) you will lose weight.
    As you would with or without the green tea.

Of course you still have to eat appropriate level of calories for health and nutrition.

If people find green tea a useful aid,they drink it instead of sugared beverages, or it helps with hunger cravings or they just plain old like it - great!!

But not magic any more than any other no or low calorie drink or food which does likewise eg water, diet coke, pickles, fresh cucumber etc etc etc
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    XxQueenMxX wrote: »
    Only if you're drinking green tea (with no sugar or milk) instead of a beverage that is loaded with calories.

Cool cause I asked my neighbour how does he stay skinny he saidhe drinks green tea and only eats meat once per month and eats anything and no exercise.

What works for some may not work for others, but you can give it a try! Supposedly drinking it first thing in the morning helps. I used to drink it regularly but now I'm not so sure it actually does anything for me, so I switch it up and drink meant tea or ginger lemon tea. I have friends that eat so bad all day every day and are skinny, and then here I am total opposite :(

You seem to have access to the internet. So instead of experimenting and going by trial and error, my advice is to read studies online where scientists have made these same experiments on thousands of people in controlled environment and have made conclusions with scientific significance.

Just a thought.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

that sounds like a horrible way to live

• Boudicae
    Boudicae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm just making a guess, but it's possible that the calming effect of theanine (found primarily in Camelia sinensis, or tea leaves) could contribute to less stress-eating. Although you get more theanine per cup with black tea, but I prefer to drink my black tea with cream and sugar, whereas I prefer my green tea plain, so plain unsweetened green tea would be my choice for weight loss.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Tea is good for you ( all sorts of things and 0 calories ( google it ! ) I drink mostly oolong and black tea because I prefer the flavor but I also drink green , none of them is a miracle way to loose weight . But it is water , with some caffeine and flavor and antioxidants that will keep your hands from reaching for some thing higher calorie