wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Very inspiring!
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bee_bee8 wrote: »
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »
    Well, congratulations! 120 looks GREAT on you. I'm very inspired since my goal is to lose 50lbs. You rock! :D:D

Did you incorporate any other types of work outs beside's cardio? Like weight training or workout dvd's?

Thank you for the kind words :smile: as far as strength training, I did some in addition to the cardio but it wasn’t super structured. I mainly stuck with planks, lunges, and push ups. When I started out I did as many lunges/push-ups as I could for 2 sets, and then just upped the # of reps as I got stronger. Same for planks - I held it until I couldn’t anymore, which at first was only about 30 seconds. Now I can plank for a full minute pretty easily, and usually shoot for 90 seconds.

One of my new favorite strength workouts is basically all planks; it’s tough but I think it’s a good one: https://youtu.be/FXDWtYsu1dQ (Take the video title with a grain of salt... I don’t think it’s necessarily a replacement for cardio ;) )

Thank you for sharing. I will definitely try this out!
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bee_bee8 wrote: »
    Well, congratulations! 120 looks GREAT on you. I'm very inspired since my goal is to lose 50lbs. You rock! :D:D

Did you incorporate any other types of work outs beside's cardio? Like weight training or workout dvd's?

Thank you for the kind words :smile: as far as strength training, I did some in addition to the cardio but it wasn’t super structured. I mainly stuck with planks, lunges, and push ups. When I started out I did as many lunges/push-ups as I could for 2 sets, and then just upped the # of reps as I got stronger. Same for planks - I held it until I couldn’t anymore, which at first was only about 30 seconds. Now I can plank for a full minute pretty easily, and usually shoot for 90 seconds.

One of my new favorite strength workouts is basically all planks; it’s tough but I think it’s a good one: https://youtu.be/FXDWtYsu1dQ (Take the video title with a grain of salt... I don’t think it’s necessarily a replacement for cardio ;) )

Soo I just gave this vid a shot...

GURLAAH I was shaking my boots off!! :D:D
    It's only a few mins but it's intense for someone with poor core balance and out of shape. Thanks again for sharing! Will challenge myself to keep doing it everyday!
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Soo I just gave this vid a shot...

GURLAAH I was shaking my boots off!! :D:D
    It's only a few mins but it's intense for someone with poor core balance and out of shape. Thanks again for sharing! Will challenge myself to keep doing it everyday!

Awesome!! Even doing regular planks, the first time I did that workout I was struggling a lot too haha. I generally do every other day, and by the third or fourth time trying it, it was already noticeably easier. Keep at it :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!