managing that morning sugar craving

Hi I have just joined…because my body was Two temples ! and I would prefer it to be just the one, but I do struggle with wanting a really really sweet coffee in the morning, and just realised that two heaped teaspoons of creamer and 3 heaped teaspoons of brown sugar twice each morning as my hit, is so so bad…any advice here …could really do with a bit of a kick start on some help! :0)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Stop thinking about wanting sweetness as something bad. You can only master your actions, but that you can do. Decide for yourself if having it or abstaining, or reducing amounts/frequency, is best. Log it and figure out if it fits.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    There's nothing wrong with having that sweet coffee! Log the sugar... but if you need the taste, try Stevia as an alternative and to save calories.

As a side note, Its quite easy to wean ourselves off sugar in coffee and tea, try it with one spoonful or 1/2 a spoonful less, and keep reducing it - before long you'll wonder how you ever drank it so sweet. I have nothing against sugar but I'd rather not drink it, I'd rather have chocolate or cake instead :smile:
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 330 Member
    I had the same problem in the morning. I like sweetened coffee. I was adding almost a 1/2 cup of sweetened creamer before I realized it. Now I add 3 tablespoons and I like it. I am getting used to it not being so sweetened. I think your taste buds will change if you start adding less cream and sugar as long as it fits in your calorie allowance. To me it is worth it to have my coffee with sweet creamer in the morning.