Trying to maintain but tempted with snacking all the time

Options
2»

Replies

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    My daughter made me a piggy box .. nicely decorated with pictures of pigs and signage saying "no Daddies allowed"

In it goes the cereal, crisps, snakcs, raisins, peanut butter ... basically anything I find myself eating out the cupboard.

she then hides the box in her room over the weekend .... if she wants anything she asks and then goes and gets it ... and it stops me from snacking completely. I keep going to the cupboard, standing with my hand out looking .. and realising all there is to eat is stuff that I need to cook.

We still have snacks in the house ... I just cant get to them

That's hilarious, and so cute! And apparently it works!

There was a time when I received a certain treat as a gift (can't recall what it was now) that was so tempting at the time, that I had my husband hide it from me, and dole out small portions when I asked. I haven't done that since, but it was effective!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Couldn’t you fit 100 calories worth into your day?

That's like 7 cheezits. Some of us need 42. So happy you don't.

exactly, I had 100 cals left last night so I had 5 crackers(the serving size) and 3 garlic stuffed olives. My mind rebelled. I usually like to eat 30 crackers with a spicy V8 and olives and cheese and maybe some hummus.

OP I would work the cheez its into your day, actually and luckily the serving size for cheez its is pretty good (about 27 crackers) and not too high in calorie and with a v8 Mmmmm