Garmin Running not showing up on newsfeed

Options

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Hey @pondee629 can you double check this for me. Try this. Do a run, sync it, have it show up in your MFP diary but not in your feed. (That's the issue) After you see it is in MFP but not in your newsfeed, go into your exercise diary and manually add something else (like a 1 minute walk, or a 5 min bike, whatever) Just make up a small activity and add it to your diary. Then go back and see if your original activity is now magically in your newsfeed.

If it happens this way for you, then I'll submit it to MFP to fix...and I'll be able to be real specific. Thanks.

Today after my run, I synced my Garmin, the run appeared in my diary but not my news feed. I went to my diary and clicked on the run as if I was going to edit it. Did not change anything but clicked on the check on the top and then it appeared. Bit of a pain in the *kitten*. Since it does appear in my diary, I really don't care (much) that it's not in the news feed. Do I really need a "like" for my time?

Turns out that the above repeats the workout on Garmin Connect. Also not goo. On the upside, todays run appeared in my news feed right after syncing. Might be fixed?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I put in a "Help" request for this a couple weeks ago. I've been pinging MFP about every other day since then. Yesterday it went up on the "Troubleshooting FAQ" as an outstanding issue with their integration partners, so, I think it now has some official attention and I hope soon some official fixing of the issue.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    So I ran just over a mile on Saturday morning to warm up before my half marathon. The mile run showed up in the news feed but the race did not (both showed up in my calories/stats). And today my indoor bike ride did not show up in the news feed. Seems like something is intermittently broken....
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Seems like something is intermittently broken....

Good job on the half!!! After over a week mine DID go through to the news feed today. "Intermittent" is the operative phrase here. That is unacceptable. (well it is a free app though...so..)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I had a GC run and walk both sync to MFP and show up in my newsfeed.
  • govenderd1
    govenderd1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem over the last couple of months, but uploading from Polar Flow.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mine randomly started working again last week for a few runs, and then randomly stopped again!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Mine randomly started working again last week for a few runs, and then randomly stopped again!

Me too. It worked today. What a frustrating and silly bug. It has worked, it can work, it should work daily.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine shows up in my feed on days I log into MFP before Garmin Connect.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    This is indeed annoying. Running almost never shows up in my newsfeed unless I ALSO do another activity and enter it manually. Then the total reflects both.

I have tried logging into MFP before Garmin also - does not work every time for me.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Walking has shown up consistently this whole week. I'm going to run tomorrow and see if it works too.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine has been working for a couple weeks.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So I've noticed when I look on GC Daily Summary, and go back to prior day to see the finalized stats, there will be a red alert icon that says like "it appears your time zone has changed, your info will look correct after adjustment".
    Well, the VF3 has correct time zone and time.
    The 310XT that wasn't even synced that day has the correct time zone and time.
    MFP has the matching timezone and time, in case it's a sync of food from their causing confusion.

The workouts on MFP show correct time, so it's coming out with correct.

Could something be flagged that is confusing MFP?
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Options
    I’m facing a similar issue, I generally do a run for warm up and then carry on with my weights Training and cardio.however sometimes it adds both of them and sometimes doesn’t show either the run or the weights Training. Quite frustrated with this now, not sure what is the fix!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've seen the same symptoms recently. Appears to be a bug on the MFP side that their tech support hasn't yet fixed. Here's a workaround: Go into MFP > Exercises and edit your exercise coming from Garmin and without doing anything, hit SAVE. Then it will show up in your feed.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I've seen the same symptoms recently. Appears to be a bug on the MFP side that their tech support hasn't yet fixed. Here's a workaround: Go into MFP > Exercises and edit your exercise coming from Garmin and without doing anything, hit SAVE. Then it will show up in your feed.

Yup, this has been the horrible terrible and effective workaround for many months. I do this.

HOWEVER, I don't want to have to log into MFP after working out and futzing with GC to double check what MFP did, and if it didn't do what it is supposed to do, do the work around.

This sets us all up for having a default assumption that it did not sync, we must go in and check, fix it if it is broken, or be pleasantly surprised if it did. Bad customer experience here MFP.

MFP I see your 100s of ads in my timeline, I know the cool kids in SF don't own you anymore and Under Armour needs to be revenue positive...this isn't charity, it is business and I'm a customer....Get your act together, be better.
  • esiemiat
    esiemiat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is still happening for me too. I submitted a ticket a while back and the acknowledged that they are looking into it but still nothing. With poor service like this I doubt I will renew my subscription next year.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Still not syncing....here we are on June 7th.... I ran yesterday, the VA3 sync'd to Garmin Connect right away. Nothing on MFP. Steps and everything else does sync, so something is happening, but running does not sync.

MFP please take care of your *kitten*!!!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    have you all unpaired everything and started again.
    i synced fine yesterday. i know other people saw it because they commented on it
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Also - what happens if you log your own workout on GC, something during a time it doesn't matter.

Does that sync across?

More interesting - when you delete it on GC, does it delete on MFP?

My manual sync across, my 310XT sync across - but my correction to 310XT does not sync across - I must manually correct on MFP.