Succes stories of normal to toned please!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Krisydee
    Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I hope no one ever calls me toned but I went from a chubster to pretty fit looking. I had a dcent amount of weight to lose so the first 9-12 months was getting fat off, then I bulked, then I failed at cutting, then I bulked some more. I somehow ended up looking like this and weighing 150lbs again lol.

Hey! I tried adding you as a friend but this mobile app isnt very user friendly... Can you???
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Krisydee wrote: »
    It looks like you've already done quite a big recomp yourself. I think you are just going to have to continue to be patient if you don't want to do an aggressive cut. Honestly, my lifts did not change a huge amount after the first year. For one reason, I started 5/3/1 and it starts you off VERY light and takes a long time to add weight, so it was probably 6-9 months before I was attempting to lift more than I was before I started the program. Also I had various injuries that would cause me to take a break on a certain muscle group and have to start over to rebuild that strength. I currently have both a fractured kneecap as well as bursitis/tendonosis in my shoulder. So I'm pretty much out of the game and will have to completely start over to build up my strength.

I don't have a lot of patience/motivation for doing cuts either, so the recomp method seems to work well for me. Since you are also already at a healthy weight, just continue doing your thing and watching your body change over time as you live your life and continue working on your health/fitness. If you are getting frustrated with your lifts not quickly going up, maybe add some other goals. I like calisthenics too, so I like working towards learning new skills like handstands, levers, acrobatics, etc.

Thanks for the Advice but what is recomp method???

Just basically continuing to do what you've been doing. Eat around maintenance, continue to lift heavy, try to continually add reps/weight/sets, even if it's not every week.
  • Krisydee
    Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Krisydee wrote: »
    It looks like you've already done quite a big recomp yourself. I think you are just going to have to continue to be patient if you don't want to do an aggressive cut. Honestly, my lifts did not change a huge amount after the first year. For one reason, I started 5/3/1 and it starts you off VERY light and takes a long time to add weight, so it was probably 6-9 months before I was attempting to lift more than I was before I started the program. Also I had various injuries that would cause me to take a break on a certain muscle group and have to start over to rebuild that strength. I currently have both a fractured kneecap as well as bursitis/tendonosis in my shoulder. So I'm pretty much out of the game and will have to completely start over to build up my strength.

I don't have a lot of patience/motivation for doing cuts either, so the recomp method seems to work well for me. Since you are also already at a healthy weight, just continue doing your thing and watching your body change over time as you live your life and continue working on your health/fitness. If you are getting frustrated with your lifts not quickly going up, maybe add some other goals. I like calisthenics too, so I like working towards learning new skills like handstands, levers, acrobatics, etc.

Thanks for the Advice but what is recomp method???

Just basically continuing to do what you've been doing. Eat around maintenance, continue to lift heavy, try to continually add reps/weight/sets, even if it's not every week.

Ooohhh ok. Gotcha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!