Trying to lose weight awaiting a medical diagnosis

Options
Hi,

Sorry for this long post in advance

I am have been trying to lose weight for a year and a half

Glad to have lost 5 stone so far

Very slow progress since November and now gaining

I am attending Slimming World but havent been for two weeks

I was also doing physio for arthritis and walking.

I am in the middle of a very stressful time I have had a one biopsy for cancer which came back negative but the hospital are not 100% and need to do more tests

Due to a blood clot after the biopsy cannot go through the other tests for 4 weeks

I am very anxious and keep trying to eat healthy but on some days keep binging on bread and carbs

Also I am now unable to exercise

I weighed myself and have put on 7 pounds in two weeks

Can that be right? I have ate a lot on some days but on others ate very little

How can I get back on track.

Feel very down and cannot stop eating or think about eating all the time

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi, congrats on your past weight loss. Sorry about your current medical issues. Are you using a food scale to measure food intake?
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice everyone.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply

I am trying to be positive and will try my hardest to get back on plan

I have been knitting for charities to take my mind off things.

Because of the clot I cannot do much but a slow walk maybe ok.

Will go back to my Slimming World class in a week and face any gain. I also usually log my calories on MFP to make sure I am not overeating calories.

Learning to face my anxiety without turning to food is difficult. I am a emotional eater and any crisis or problem in my life food has been my comfort. I then regret it the next day. At the moment this is one of the hardest emotional times I have ever faced.

Thank you again. You have helped alot

If you really want help the fact you're usually tracking your calories is a reason you're not losing more weight now. You also don't mention if you're using a food scale or not to track your intake. Maybe consider counseling to help yourself with your emotional eating. If you continue with not being honest about your intake work yourself you will be in the same predicament. That's good you're learning to face your anxiety and knitting sounds good.
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes I usually weigh and track foods.

I know why I am gaining. Its due to eating too much.

Just wanted some advise on how people keep on track when very stressed. Also if its possible to gain 7lbs in two weeks.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Just wanted some advise on how people keep on track when very stressed. Also if its possible to gain 7lbs in two weeks.

What are your maintenance calories and how many calories have you eaten the last 3 weeks?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I try to find other ways of dealing with the stress: meditation, yoga, a hobby that keeps your mind and/or hands busy...
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    In light of your ongoing health issues and investigations, please mention this weight gain to your treating doctor.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Am going thru cancer treatment also. Did some exercise during diagnosis-regular routine but lighter Wts. Lost 25 lbs in process so wt not a problem. Diet a big issue including gall bladder related problems-after 8 months is really improving. Wishing you the best in this fight,
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Because of the clot I cannot do much but a slow walk maybe ok.

Will go back to my Slimming World class in a week and face any gain. I also usually log my calories on MFP to make sure I am not overeating calories.

Please don't do any exercise until your doctor clears it. I personally know someone who died of a blood clot because they were told to "rest and stay off their feet" (due to a broken leg) and they instead went to work. It's very serious. You will eventually be able to recover your diet progress, but not if you're dead from a blood clot! Blood clots can and do kill people.