How long does it take to notice a change in your body due to weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Depends where you start from. One quote going about here that was spot on for me:

"It takes 4 weeks minimum for you to notice. 8 weeks for your friends and family. 12 weeks for most everyone else."

But that really depends more on the percentage of weight you have lost. It's really noticeable for most people when your face starts to show it.
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Didn’t notice much of a change until I lost 10 pounds. And the change became more noticeable after losing 15.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". With a higher body fat percentage and weight above 155, it takes longer and more weight loss. I weigh 150 now and I can notice a difference with 3 pounds.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    14 lbs for me took.me.2 pants size and 1 top.size down, took about 8 weeks.to lose and now I need new clothes but not a.lot because I'm still losing.
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds and still don't see a difference. I started at 226 and now way 206. I should have took pictures but unfortunately I didnt, not a big picture person. Losing 1 pound a week is great and keep up the great work!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    15 pounds in my case. That’s when I went down a size in jeans.