Eating all of it (Halo Top)

Options
orangegato
orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
I'm wondering if anyone binges uncontrollably and finishes a pint of Halo Top in one sitting? Asking for a friend.

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    For me, having the single container of halo top isn’t a binge. In fact, usually only have one if I have the calories available for it all in one sitting. *shrugs*
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've definitely eaten a pint of halo top in one go, but it's a) only two cups and b) only ~350 calories so I really don't consider it a binge. I suppose the difference is in mindset, though. I don't feel like I'm out of control when I do so.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is it a binge if I eat the whole thing and it stays within my macros? lol this from a gator fan! LOL
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times and not felt guilty about it afterwards, that is the wonderful thing about Halo Top!
  • orangegato
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Since it's basically frozen meringue which is the equivalent of frozen cotton candy, eating all of it isn't exactly hard to understand. Personally I can't imagine anyone bothering with it. We all know the difference between real and fake ice cream.

hmmm. It has milk and cream in it. It's low cal. Is diet soda fake to you too?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Personally I think it is a binge if the intention was to have a bit of dessert and boom the entire pint is gone. If the intention is "I'm eating this pint for breakfast, *kitten* y'all" and nothing else, then ok.

Fitting into calorie counts or macros is easy to say and do at the end of the day. But binging on a pint and using up 200-300 cals in the middle of the day sucks since it leaves less allowance for dinner....

The struggle is real.

@psychod787 Go Canes!

Sorry, but I peeked at your diary. 1700 cals a day is not a lot, but can be highly voluminous if you let it. I see that you eat a lot of processed foods. While there is nothing wrong with that, but in my experience, it does not leave me full at all. One of the reasons I eat my so call "Junk" food at night to help me feel full during the day. That's just on tactic I use. You could also call the halo top lunch maybe? Now the thought of it being a "binge" is gone. For dinner, might I suggest a high protein, high fiber dinner. Maybe a grilled chicken salad with fresh veggies, and a balsamic vinegar dressing? You could have one big AZZ salad for 2 hundred calories. Just my 2 cents! Best of luck!

BOOO U! lol
  • orangegato
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Personally I think it is a binge if the intention was to have a bit of dessert and boom the entire pint is gone. If the intention is "I'm eating this pint for breakfast, *kitten* y'all" and nothing else, then ok.

Fitting into calorie counts or macros is easy to say and do at the end of the day. But binging on a pint and using up 200-300 cals in the middle of the day sucks since it leaves less allowance for dinner....

The struggle is real.

@psychod787 Go Canes!

Sorry, but I peeked at your diary. 1700 cals a day is not a lot, but can be highly voluminous if you let it. I see that you eat a lot of processed foods. While there is nothing wrong with that, but in my experience, it does not leave me full at all. One of the reasons I eat my so call "Junk" food at night to help me feel full during the day. That's just on tactic I use. You could also call the halo top lunch maybe? Now the thought of it being a "binge" is gone. For dinner, might I suggest a high protein, high fiber dinner. Maybe a grilled chicken salad with fresh veggies, and a balsamic vinegar dressing? You could have one big AZZ salad for 2 hundred calories. Just my 2 cents! Best of luck!

BOOO U! lol

Thanks man. You're right. I don't cook a lot. But just got an Instant Pot so hoping to actually use it and eat better foods. Too *kitten* cold to grill outside in the northeast, at least for me. And yes, I have to turn to salads every now and again to fill up and to increase fiber. Appreciate your comments. I always find it valuable to hear others' thoughts on this site.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    LOL for a friend

I did that with 1.5 pints of arctic zero. It was a long training day and I felt fine about the calories but my stomach hurt.
  • goatg
    Options
    Halo Top is way too high calorie and low satisfaction for me to keep it here. Half a cup is just gone so quickly.

88% Chocolove dark chocolate is my preferred treat. 77% if I'm feeling indulgent.
  • orangegato
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Halo Top is way too high calorie and low satisfaction for me to keep it here. Half a cup is just gone so quickly.

88% Chocolove dark chocolate is my preferred treat. 77% if I'm feeling indulgent.

Something tells me you have strong willpower
  • goatg
    Options
    goatg wrote: »

Something tells me you have strong willpower

Lol. Very selectively. I have strong willpower not to purchase. Weak, not to consume once in my fridge.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Since it's basically frozen meringue which is the equivalent of frozen cotton candy, eating all of it isn't exactly hard to understand. Personally I can't imagine anyone bothering with it. We all know the difference between real and fake ice cream.

hmmm. It has milk and cream in it. It's low cal. Is diet soda fake to you too?

Really I meant the taste and consistency of it. I just don't think there's a way to trick the body into thinking consuming a 350 calorie, two cup serving of ice cream (Halo Top) is going to have the same effect as a 1,000 calorie, two cup serving of ice cream (Haagen Dasz). The body knows the difference no matter how good it tastes and is going to rebel for more.

I dunno. To me it's like a frozen protein shake. I dont eat it instead of ice cream, because you're right, it's just not. It's a great sweet treat that is filling for me when I have the calories and want dessert.☺

Eta I eat the whole pint. :drinker:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Most people I know eat the whole pint. I don't know anyone who doesn't lol. I thought that was the point of making the whole pint low in calories so you could eat it all...

I know quite a few friends who religiously eat a pint a night.
  • goatg
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just opened my freezer and saw my two tubs (12 oz each) of extremely creamy gelato. Mascarpone and basil flavors.

Amazing what serious training does. Not even tempted. I want real food.

But perhaps a decaf affogato tonight :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I could very easily eat a whole pint at a time (just ask my old friends Ben & Jerry) but the fiber and sugar alcohols wave their annoying, scolding fingers at me.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just one?

Halo Top is a new to me food. It just became available in the city where I live so I stocked up and of course I had to taste test it.
    I ate TWO pints after telling myself that I would just have half a cup of three flavours. I consider that a binge. It was in the middle of the afternoon and I hadn't planned out my dinner yet so I screwed myself out of a good supper.
    I had to put all the cartons out in the freezer in the garage so it's not easy to get at in the house. I'm terrible at controlling foods that are sweet and highly palatable to me.