Starting the 30DS today; need assurance please!

Options
2»

Replies

• greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I did Day 4 earlier. I got as far as day 8 last time, I want to stick it out this time!

Well done for completing day 1 yesterday, great start! I wanted to say that do Day 2 even though you'll be feeling sore and stiff. You will loosen up through the workout, and you'll be proud of yourself for doing it. Don't let the demons in your head put you off!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I REALLY need some pep talk; I'm afraid of mostly two things:

-I'll quit within the first 5 minutes
    -I can't do the high impact workouts as the girls in the videos do
    IT IS OKAY to take breaks in between - and it's okay to modify it so that you can do the activities (for example when I started, I didn't use weights for some of the exercises, I had to build up to that). It is okay to GO YOUR OWN PACE -- I spent 19 days at level 1. It is okay to SUBSTITUTE movements for ones you have trouble with -- for whatever reason, I couldn't do the "rock star jumps' on level 3 -- so I just did butt kicks. Others MFPers have substituted different moves to save their knees.

I did what I could do and kept going until I could do the whole tape (took me 51 'days' to do the 30 DS) and yes I lost inches/weight (went down 2 sizes).

The Number One thing to remember in doing the 30DS is this -- keep going (at your own pace) It is better to make it easier and do it 3-4 times a week for 5 weeks than to try to keep up with Natalie and give up after 2 days. Even if you are only making small wins, you can build on them and time will be on your side.

Also, JM designed this program to be done with recovery days -- 2 days DS, 1 day cardio; 2 days DS; 1 recovery day. So don't think you have to do 30 days straight.