Stuck at 145 for the past two weeks

Options
Hi!
Can someone tell me why I haven't lost any more weight? I started out at 155 and I am now 145 for the past two weeks. I am still doing what I have been doing. Sometimes I do not use all mt calories could that be it? I haven't gained which is a good thing. Please help! Thanks, Maxie:smile:

Replies

• sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Maxie,

I do not know for sure why you are not losing weight. There could be several reasons. Remember that the human body is not a calculator and is a dynamic living organism that adjusts and will not always react the same to what you do.

First, are you sure you need to lose any more weight? I'd check your body fat percentage (this website has a good estimate: http://www.skinbodyfitness.com/bmr_bmi_bfp.htm ). If it is in a good range, then you may not need to lose any more weight, which would explain why your body is reluctant to lose weight.

Second, your body is great at adapting to whatever challenges you give it. If you've been doing the same exercise routine, then you might want to try changing it up. Exercise longer, or more intensely, or try a different form of cardio so you have more of a challenge. Similarly, if you have been eating at a consistently lower calorie level, try changing that up too. Eat more on some days and less on others.

Third, give yourself time. When someone stops losing weight who is trying to lose weight, it is called a plateau. There are many ways to break out of a plateau, but sometimes just waiting and doing what you've been doing will see results over time.

I'd try to find another way to judge your progress besides the scale, too, as that can fluctuate a few pounds due to water weight, food weight, etc. in your body. Do you track your neck/waist/hip measurements? I've had weeks where I lost little to no weight but made progress in these areas. These will indicate that you have lost fat, too, and are good to track.

Best of luck to you in meeting your goals!