Options
2»

Replies

• BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    fb47 wrote: »
    When I first entered into maintenance I think I was "skinny fat" and so the rate of change in my composition was actually pretty fast. Now I'm much leaner and I guess it's just slower and more difficult to see. Bulking/cutting is something I'm considering, but honestly I'm a bit scared to gain weight.

Consider your goals carefully. Do you really want to be an bodybuilder? It means putting a significant amount of your time and energy into the goal of looking muscular. No judgement from me if you do!

I messed around with bodybuilding in my 20s, intentionally overeating and pushing protein. But, I did it in pursuit of a couple of sports I liked, including windsurfing, which we're much more fun with a bit more strength. As I got older, I became overweight, and I had to totally change my eating habits to get my weight in check.

Best of luck!

If her goal is to have a nice round butt like most women go after, you need to build muscles. You don't get a round butt just losing weight and not lifting unless you have exceptional genetics.

I do want a more muscular body. When I was overweight I carried much of my excess fat in the hips/butt and that is where I lost most of my weight as well. While I'm not straight up and down right now, I would like more curves.

So it's settled. The girl wants muscles and she wants to lift. The woman, sorry.

Bec I think you posted a pic of yourself recently on IG or your mfp page. Lemme look again. I honestly had the best luck growing glutes and changing the shape with a bulk and cut (thought I suck at cutting). I had initial success in recomp but that's a big muscle yo. It needs a lot of attention.

I'd appreciate the input on where to start then. Thank you.
  • Strongerxthanxyesterday
    Options
    I’d rather weeee
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Why would someone woo my post? I asked a question.

Probably the "scale to measure body fat" comment.

Bioelectrical devices are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable for BF measurement.

Skinfold calipers are ok BUT they need to be used my someone who knows how to use them properly and the more measurement points used, the better.

DXA and hydro are better but are expensive and less convenient.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

Bioelectrical devices are notoriously inaccurate and unreliable for BF measurement.

Skinfold calipers are ok BUT they need to be used my someone who knows how to use them properly and the more measurement points used, the better.

sgt1372 wrote: »

I didn't even mention measuring body day in my original post. That was a response to another reply, and it is only way I measure progression.