Compulsive over eating

Options
Short term goal- stop over eating
Long term goal- go from 232 to 175

Day 1 was an epic failure. I did resist the temptation to go to the buffet but ate way more than my recommended calories

Replies

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Try to just log what you eat for a while, maybe?
    This life change, weight loss thing is made up of a lot of days, so don't worry about what happened on day one. That's over. Decide on a small realistic thing you can do on day two, and go do it!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    There’s a fairly long calorie counting learning curve.

Did you continue to track your intake? Keep your diary everyday no matter what. The process is more important than the numbers.

Instead of “epic failure” try “didn’t go as well as I had hoped.” Try to make a better plan for today.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Shelly commit to logging everything you put in your mouth.
    Your desire to be healthy and happy must by far outweigh the desire to overeat. If its the other way around you are not ready.
    Do understand though....doing nothing puts you into getting into a worse situation than getting better. Its your choice.
  • TracyWilson2015
    TracyWilson2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    dsboohead that was a powerful message back!! That made me think too!
  • stefaniaa__
    stefaniaa__ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ve been there. That usually happens to me on the weekends! Step one needs to be to forgive yourself. Better days are ahead! Start small... don’t make any unrealistic or drastic changes because that is a recipe for disaster. I would start tracking what you eat. It’s easier for me to say I’ve had enough when I can physically see everything I have eaten. Keep your head up!! Once this becomes a habit it will be easier!!!