Gaining a bottom?

Options
natajane
natajane Posts: 295 Member
edited March 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone been able to gain an bottom?

I just don’t have one hahaha. I’m a$sless.

What exercises do those that have built one recommend?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    1. Kicks in all directions & leg swings (you can use a resistance band for that one);
    2. Hip raises;
    3. Lunges;
    4. Heck if you climb a lot of stairs you'll still work on those cheeks.

Google some variations of these and the squats and include them in your exercise routine. It might be best if you ask an instructor at the gym to show you how to do them correctly and which variations and combinations will be a bit more sparing to your knees.

I have the genetics for an unimpressivelly average bottom, however through diet and exercise, I've reduced enough fat and have worked my muscles (with similar exercises as mentioned above) to a point where I no longer look like I have fallen asleep on my back on an ironing board.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Look into a program called Strong Curves. While changes in growth are best in a calorie surplus or maintenance, you may still see some progress if you are losing weight.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Look into a program called Strong Curves. While changes in growth are best in a calorie surplus or maintenance, you may still see some progress if you are losing weight.

Mmmm this looks very interesting as I was hoping to get into lifting.

Does this book include all the other exercises I’d need to trim stomach/arms/back etc or is it purely butt focused?

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »

Mmmm this looks very interesting as I was hoping to get into lifting.

Does this book include all the other exercises I’d need to trim stomach/arms/back etc or is it purely butt focused?

Losing weight is going to come down to a calorie deficit.

Unfortunately you cannot trim specific fat spots just by working them. But as you lose weight you can help maintain what muscle you have in areas. And yes Strong Curves is a full body program so it works everything with most focus on the lower.