For those losing those last 5 pounds!

Options
My question....HOW THE HECK DO U DO IT!?! haha :laugh: I feel like it has taken me sooo long to lose them! I have heard it is harder to lose the last few pounds cuz your body wants to hold onto the little fat thats left but what gives?
Some tips on how to lose those last 5 pounds PLEASE??! :sad:

Eating choices like carbs or fat amounts?

Exercising tips on intensity and length?? (cuz I know that we have to work EXTRA hard)

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What worked for me was changing my workout routine every 4-6 weeks and make sure you are including resistance training. Adding HIIT training in place of my regular cardio was a great addition as well. Good luck.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I understand the frustration. The only way I could burn those last pounds and lower the % body fat was to eat normal and run more. Training for a half marathon and doing more weights is what helped me.

Good Luck.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well, but I must say that if your profile a pic is as you currently are, you do not need to lose anything! You look perfect the way you are. What I might say to do, if you aren't already, is start doing some strength training focusing on endurance as this will not only tighten your body, but also increase your metabolism to help lose those last few pounds.

A problem could be that your body is used to what you are currently doing, so you need to "shock" it by doing something else. For example, I am doing cycling classes and have no problem easily completing an hour class, but I went running this past weekend and my legs are still sore.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well, but I must say that if your profile a pic is as you currently are, you do not need to lose anything! You look perfect the way you are. What I might say to do, if you aren't already, is start doing some strength training focusing on endurance as this will not only tighten your body, but also increase your metabolism to help lose those last few pounds.

A problem could be that your body is used to what you are currently doing, so you need to "shock" it by doing something else. For example, I am doing cycling classes and have no problem easily completing an hour class, but I went running this past weekend and my legs are still sore.

haha thank you that was nice! But I adore the muscle, tone, fitness gyro type look haha. Im a REALLY healthy person so I like it :) But I will try some boot camp classes maybe!
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat... keeps going up and down the same few lbs.... so im just focusing on my strenght training (chalean extream) and less about the scale right now. Not I’m in the same boat... keeps going up and down the same few lbs.... so I’m just focusing on my strength training (Chalean Extream) and less about the scale right now. Not much more I can do. I’ve tried eating less, eating more, lower carbs, etc…. but it still seems to be stuck or if it goes down it finds its way back up . Maybe a set point or something??!!
  • karissastephens
    Options
    ya from what Ive read sometimes your body doesnt want to let go of the last few inches of fat because it thinks it needs it so its A LOT harder to lose. I was hoping for some tips or routines others have done to help that may help me too
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat... keeps going up and down the same few lbs.... so im just focusing on my strenght training (chalean extream) and less about the scale right now. Not I’m in the same boat... keeps going up and down the same few lbs.... so I’m just focusing on my strength training (Chalean Extream) and less about the scale right now. Not much more I can do. I’ve tried eating less, eating more, lower carbs, etc…. but it still seems to be stuck or if it goes down it finds its way back up . Maybe a set point or something??!!

That's totally me. I did get past it by cutting out gluten and then by doing eat stop eat (intermittent fasting), then it stalled again after I started slipping on the gluten. Come to think of it maybe it's my own fault, haha :embarassed:

So I guess my advice would be to rule out a food intolerance
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    The last 10 pounds were killer. Especially at my age:-) And took a long time, at the pace of about 1/2 pound or less a week when I got serious about it. But you have to be extra careful not to slow your metabolism by trying to over-exercise and under-eat.

1) Higher intensity, shorter cardio 2-3 days a week (HIIT), not to exceed 20-30 minutes. 2) BUMP UP STRENGTH TRAINING. A 40-minute total body routine 3 days a week, alternating with HIIT on the other 3 days a week. It's a 6-day a week commitment, but never more than 30-40 minutes per workout...you won't do strength training strength and high-intensity cardio in the same day. (If you have to, in order to work out fewer days a week, try to do weights in the morning and cardio at night) 3) Be sure you're eating enough calories, probably 1300-1500. 4) Lastly, I wear a pedometer to be sure I get a MINIMUM of 10k steps, usually closer to 14k.

It works like this. Don't think of your cardio sessions as burning calories, think of them as training your body to burn fat for fuel. Do a little research on HIIT...the science is clear that it's superior for fat loss while sparing muscle. Increase your lower intensity, fat-burning activity by moving around more (pedometer); otherwise you become a sedentary athlete, and the weight doesn't come off. And lastly, don't short-change strength training; it's critical for increasing your metabolism and changing your body, especially when you're in the home stretch.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Agree with balance9's post 100%.

However, I also think you look great as is. Don't know where you can lose 5lbs from. So where did you come up with this goal? Is it based on BMI or something?

Let the mirror do the talking, not the scales :)
  • karissastephens
    Options
    Agree with balance9's post 100%.

However, I also think you look great as is. Don't know where you can lose 5lbs from. So where did you come up with this goal? Is it based on BMI or something?

Let the mirror do the talking, not the scales :)

Just my own goal. Its not about what I look like, more about my health and just building more muscle in general :smile:

BALANCE9: 1300-1500 calories on HIIT days including exercise or not including exercise calories???