Citrulline malate

Options

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    I just noticed the company I got it from also have their own pre workout which seems similar to the Legion one (with a slightly lesser dose, but within examine.com reccomendations) https://canadianprotein.com/c-pre Funny that in that one, they put 6000 mg of citruline malate opposed to the citruline malate bag which they recommend taking only 5g. I could always copy their ingredients nonetheless minus the other non essential ingredients.

5g is strange since 6-8 is known to be the effective range.

As they say, you don't have to agree with the instructions :D but I did send them an email to know the why on their pre workout product they put 6g and their bag of citrulline malate bag, they recommend only 5g. I am curious to know the answer, unless it was a typo or something or they were maybe obliged by health canada to write that for whatever reason.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the company I got it from also have their own pre workout which seems similar to the Legion one (with a slightly lesser dose, but within examine.com reccomendations) https://canadianprotein.com/c-pre Funny that in that one, they put 6000 mg of citruline malate opposed to the citruline malate bag which they recommend taking only 5g. I could always copy their ingredients nonetheless minus the other non essential ingredients.

As they say, you don't have to agree with the instructions :D but I did send them an email to know the why on their pre workout product they put 6g and their bag, they recommend only 5g.

You are just going to confuse some poor customer service agent. ;):laugh:
  • fb47
    Options

As they say, you don't have to agree with the instructions :D but I did send them an email to know the why on their pre workout product they put 6g and their bag, they recommend only 5g.

They actually answer back with good responses (based on my past experience). The only downside is that they take a lot of time to answer back, but I know I'll get answer eventually.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Rose18l wrote: »
    Citruline malate will give you a pump during a
    working out. Same as beta alanine. Take these two before workout. You don't need to take these two daily.

Actually, CM is not really a pump activator and you do need to take BA daily to get the results. I don't know how well these all work together especially when you are taking creatine on top because they all do the same basic thing, slightly increase work capacity. I don't know of any study that has looked at stacking.

According to many website including the faithfull examine.com, beta-alanine is recommended daily, it acts similarly to creatine in which it needs to be build up in your system. Citruline malate is something I am not sure about taking daily because like I said earlier, there's a lot of contradiction...heck even on this post, it's still not clear.

No need to take it daily but you can take it anytime of the day from my understanding.

Only if your goal is for improved recovery and reduced fatigued from exercise.

Yes, which would be good reasons for taking it, but if I recall correctly from Examine it wasn't necessary even for those purposes to take it daily. If you have a link to something showing that daily has advantages I'd be interested in seeing it.

Even with Examine, it's a bit vague. But the few studies regarding blood flow were daily use. But don't get me wrong, the use of my Citrulline for my wife's condition is different than for increase recovery and fatigue. For the average lifter, they'd probably benefit from using it as a pre-workout.

https://examine.com/supplements/citrulline/
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

They actually answer back with good responses (based on my past experience). The only downside is that they take a lot of time to answer back, but I know I'll get answer eventually.

I love their whey and a few other things I've picked up. Quick shipping to my city and the flavours are amazing and where else can I get a 6 month supply in one bag? :laugh:
  • fb47
    Options

I love their whey and a few other things I've picked up. Quick shipping to my city and the flavours are amazing and where else can I get a 6 month supply in one bag? :laugh:

That's why I order from them, I just hate recommendations, it's usually way off from what reliable websites like examine.com say.
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2018
    Options

That's why I order from them, I just hate recommendations, it's usually way off from what reliable websites like examine.com say.

I was looking at their product a bit more, the amount of L-Citrulline is actually within range. I suspect they use a higher concentration of L-Citrulline and a lower concentration of malic acid.
  • fb47
    Options

I was looking at their product a bit more, the amount of L-Citrulline is actually within range. I suspect they use a higher concentration of L-Citrulline and a lower concentration of malic acid.

What does that mean?
  • psuLemon
    edited March 2018
    Options

What does that mean?

To be honest, there isn't much evidence on L-Malate. In animal models it has some benefits of improving recovery, which is why it's generally paired with L-Citrulline. From the studies I have seen, it involved long bouts of anearobic workouts (e.g., swimming).

There is a question whether L-Citrulline or Citrulline Malate are better. Best case, you will see added benefit from the combination.. worse case it doesn't provide any additional benefit. But the dose combo should be closer to 6 to 8g.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

2:1 is normally recommended at 6-8 I'm not sure what the 1:1 should be.
  • fb47
    Options

It's not a reliable information, but according to a user from bodybuilding.com, he recommends 8g when I did my search....but we all know how reliable that website is for information :D
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

It's not a reliable information, but according to a user from bodybuilding.com, he recommends 8g when I did my search....but we all know how reliable that website is for information :D

Lol if you have to ask.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Yea, that is what I normally see.. But I don't think that product follows that standard.
  • fb47
    Options

Yea, that is what I normally see.. But I don't think that product follows that standard.

Makes it more confusing.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Or they just recommend under dosing,
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Makes it more confusing.

I would just go with the standard dose. It certainly won't hurt.
  • fb47
    Options

Makes it more confusing.

The standard on the package?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Makes it more confusing.

No the 6g standard. They are probably using a 5g scoop so you'll have to weigh.
  • fb47
    Options

Makes it more confusing.

No the 6g standard. They are probably using a 5g scoop so you'll have to weigh.

Yea, i'll up it at 8g I think, just to be on the safe side.
  • fb47
    Options
    One thing I don't understand is what do they mean when it says "Citrulline Malate ((S)-N5-Carbamoylornithine) .......................... 5 Grams (providing L-Citrulline ..... 3.4 g)" , does it mean 1 scoop has 5 grams of Citrulline Mallate or does it contain 1.6g in one scoop of 5g? How do you know it's a 1:1 ratio?