Endomorph Diet

I'm new to my weight loss journey and have had trouble finding a lot of healthy recipes that work good for an endomorph. Typically I've seen as an endomorph,you need a low carb diet,very similar to keto dieting but not as strict. If anyone has any recipes or ideas please send it my way and feel free to add me! Any motivation helps.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Suggest you do a few minutes research on somatotypes OP.

Debunked would be a polite way of putting it.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    edited March 2018
    I just googled, work outs for a pear shape, and was pointed to several endomorph articles. I had never heard of an endomorph before. They all say that "we" should not lift heavy because it bulks us up and that we should not run, walk at an incline, or use an elliptical for cardio. Those all build muscle and do not make our legs and hips leaner.
    I know somotypes are debunked but it's hard to find true answers out there.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited March 2018
    bekahlou75 wrote: »
    I just googled, work outs for a pear shape, and was pointed to several endomorph articles. I had never heard of an endomorph before. They all say that "we" should not lift heavy because it bulks us up and that we should not run, walk at an incline, or use an elliptical for cardio. Those all build muscle and do not make our legs and hips leaner.
    I know somotypes are debunked but it's hard to find true answers out there.

It's not hard to find true answers at all - Eat less calories than you burn, period. Regardless of your blood type, somatotype, or whatever other woo some charlatan uses to sell a new diet book or products.

Part II is to eat a reasonably balanced diet for optimal health, getting adequate macro- and micronutrients.