Time change and eating schedule

Options
We started daylight savings time where I live last night and my eating and sleeping schedule will now be messed up for weeks. The older I get the more of a problem this is for me. Today I did not feel like eating breakfast until mid-morning. About 6 hours later I started feeling hungry again but it was too close to dinner time so I just had a snack. I will probably not feel like eating at dinner time.

Does any one else have internal clock problems with the time change or is it just me?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I was messed up this morning and took a nap this afternoon (to which I'll be back to normal tomorrow), but food-wise? I've never been affected by the time change.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My eating schedule is not so precise that an hour would make a difference. I tend to eat breakfast later on the weekends anyway (and often just have brunch instead of breakfast and lunch). Today I didn't do that, instead I woke up at 6:30 (instead of my normal 5:30), ate around 7:30 (a bit later than normal for a weekday, but normal for a weekend), and then had lunch around 1:30. Will have dinner at my normal Sunday time.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I don't Will have a challenge for a day or 2 after an overseas flight, but not an hour difference
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of eating at the same times not the same clock time. 9 AM instead of 8 AM, 1 PM instead of noon. I can eat whenever I feel like it most days. I don't have to be super hungry to eat. Eventually I will probably shift the times.
    Sleep is messed up because I had somewhere to be this morning. I took a nap in the afternoon.
    It will be annoying for a bit.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I think I go in and out of larger time changes, 3-10 hr, often enough that the hour doesn't make any difference even though I am older.

Cheers, h.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    one hour either direction really doesn't make a difference to me, personally.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,016 Member
    Options
    Cant say food wise this has ever been an issue for me.

My body clock takes about a week to adjust - so I find sleeping a bit erratic for first few days

But my food intake is never time precise anyway - some days I eat later and differently to others for various reasons so DLS doesnt affect that.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    Age 62 and retired, my eating/sleeping schedule is pretty variable all the time. The DST change doesn't really bother my eating.

Since I tend to stay up too late and get too little sleep already, the "Spring forward" kind of makes things worse for a while. Self-discipline would take care of that, but it's a little late in life for a personality/character transplant. ;)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    dinolan1 wrote: »
    We started daylight savings time where I live last night and my eating and sleeping schedule will now be messed up for weeks. The older I get the more of a problem this is for me. Today I did not feel like eating breakfast until mid-morning. About 6 hours later I started feeling hungry again but it was too close to dinner time so I just had a snack. I will probably not feel like eating at dinner time.

Does any one else have internal clock problems with the time change or is it just me?

Damn...how many hours is your time change where you live..lol!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Nope. I ate constantly today. Even when I wasn't hungry.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Nope. I ate constantly today. Even when I wasn't hungry.

:laugh:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The change is only 1 hr. Yes it's harder if you gave to get up early, like my husband gets up at 3:30 am because tomorrow it will be the only, d 2:30am. It takes about a week to readjust the sleeping, but it shouldn't throw everything else off by several hours.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm different than other here. The time change throws off my sleep schedule for several days especially in the spring. No idea why, I just know it wears on me for days.

As far as eating, I actually found that I ate a later breakfast - around 11:30 and ended up skipping lunch but having an earlier dinner then my usual after dinner snack. Tomorrow I'll be back to eating like I usually do.